DBSTalk Forum banner

Super Joey upgrade

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  scooper 
#1 ·
I have a hopper and a joey 1.0 and want to know if it is possible to swap a joey1.0 for a super joey without a tech coming over or is it more complicated than that? My Joey seems to have the same connections as the super joey. Also would the super joey only cost $3 more per month ($10 as opposed to 7) and would swapping a joey for super joey mean another 2 year commitment?

#2 ·
The Super Joey needs to be connected to the host port of the node. With a single Hopper system you probably have a "Solo Node" with one host port and one client port (the other two cables going to the dish. The node will need to be changed out and a third cable run to the dish.

If you have a more recent install you may have a Hybrid LNB and a "Solo Hub" instead of a "Solo Node". In that case you would still need the "Solo Hub" swapped for a "Duo Hub" and a second cable run to the dish.

#3 ·
My main question is would I need another 2 year agreement to upgrade. A rep told me yes and when I asked about the Hopper 3 he said the install would be free but I told him I did not want another 2 year agreement. He finally agreed but after talking more about the hopper 3 he said the main reason for upgrade is more tuners which I told him is too many for our house. I could maybe use one more tuner once in a while that is why I asked about the Super Joey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.