DBSTalk Forum banner

AT9 to a Slimline SL3

2K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  madmadworld 
#1 ·
Going to update my dish from a AT9 to a Slimline SL3.
do you know where I could find a wiring diagram ?
looked around for a hour or so but....
do I still need the DCA's ? on the non genies. we don't use whole house dvr.
my boxes are
HR44
HR24
HR22
HR20

Thanks

#3 ·

For a four receiver system, pretend this shows a four-way splitter.

The network doesn't care whether you're using an SL3 or an SL5.

You will need either a DECA adapter or a "band stop filter" to block the DECA signal to the HR20 and HR22.

Attachments

#7 ·
Thanks guys for all the help.

Like most I'm just trying to do the least work as possible here.
I have to find where the power inserter is now. had to add it when the hr44 came along with SWM.
I think it's in that line. still have the 3/4 now extra rg6 cables that were needed before SWM. so can use 1 to power the splitter.

The 2006 install of the AT9 dish got hit with a 73mph gust. so this now. they measured it at the airport about 1/2mile away. it was a normal 25-35 mph day. noted it when it happened but thought it might have been a 18 wheeler hitting a rain drain near by too fast. over it's journey it survived 60-65 mph winds.

#12 ·
#21 ·
Well my confusion grows. never been to Satellite Transponder Information before today, there they say the channels 465 etc are on 103.
Unless you live in a market with standard definition locals coming from 119W, there is no "wrong dish" anymore. 110W, 119W and the reverse band transponders are no longer in use for CONUS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.