DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Music Choice ?? XM radio ??

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Combow 
#1 ·
Nothing much to complain about anymore since the upgrade addressed most issues but nothing was done with music choice. It was better with wink, if you remember.Are they ever going to improve music choice, such as graphics,album covers,that sort of thing.Do you think Directv will ever get XM radio?? thats something I might pay alittle more for. At least I get Air America over AM radio down here in Miami,wich is very enlightening.

#2 ·
I wouldn't mind having XMs music channels on DirecTV, especially if they are uplinked at 200K+ and sound as good as the Sirius channels do on Dish. But I wouldn't want to give up Music Choice to have XM on D*. I think the opportunity for XM to jump on board with DirecTV has come and gone. I would have guessed XM would have been on D* before Sirius was on E*, since DirecTV and XM had a financial and marketing relationship going on early on. At this point I think it's too late, but anything could happen.

I have never seen the Music Choice album covers on DirecTV, I have seen a similar set up here on Time Warner. I never really thought about it, obviously you would like them back, but how many people like myself listen to the MC channels with the TV off?

#5 ·
Steve Mehs said:
I have never seen the Music Choice album covers on DirecTV, I have seen a similar set up here on Time Warner. I never really thought about it, obviously you would like them back, but how many people like myself listen to the MC channels with the TV off?
When D* had WINK enabled, there were SOME MC channels that were interactive with album covers, artist info, trivia and an interactive link to allow you to buy CD's through the receiver. It only affected maybe 5 or so channels. (Been so long I don't remember how many exactly).

I know MC has album and artist info on all the channels because my parents who have TW cable get them through their cable system.

#6 ·
I've listened to the channel samples on the XM website and found the various DJs to be very annoying. I wouldn't mind having a few XM channels in addition to Music Choice, but if they started replacing MC with XM I would not be happy. I think the only MC channel with "DJs" is Radio Disney and I don't care for that music anyway.

As for the interactive MC channels, I never cared for them. I preferred the regular channels where I could just hit clear to get a black screen.

#7 ·
They will be adding 20 Channels of XM to Radio@AOL but as far as Directv... naw.. i would have been a good ideal since Dish Network had DMX Music & Sirius but i guess Directv doesn't care. Music Choice is enough for them. but i wouldn't mind Music Choice & XM Since they are both part owned by GM. I'm going to request it...

And Did you know in 2001 Directv with Wink did offer Interactive Music Choice
After Both companies parted ways. Music Choice Interactive was lost to never be
gained again

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.