DBSTalk Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags

1-20 of 35 Results
  1. Internet Streaming Services
    With the 2022 Winter Olympics beginning in just a few days, streamers have a couple of options for live 4K content: YouTube TV will stream 4K content to all customers that subscribe to the 4K add-on package. fuboTV says it will stream 4K content. This will only be available to customers in...
  2. DIRECTV General Discussion
    Hi Everyone, Considering switching to Directv. Is there a place to look up which local stations are included by zip code ? Looking at the Directv site, I don't see information for which Genie model you get when ordering / establishing a new account. I only see wired or wireless. So is it Genie...
  3. DIRECTV General Discussion
    I had Directv installed at my house a week ago. I have the HS17, 1 wireless mini and 2 C61K boxes in my setup. I have an audio popping noise issue on both of the 61K clients. If you do the 30 second skip it pops when video resumes, changing channels will produce a popping sound sometimes...
  4. DIRECTV Programming
    Does anyone know why the 4k football game broadcasts are always so dark? Every game I've seen on the 4k channels the picture is much darker than the regular HD channel. Now it's the ASU-USC game - it's nice and bright on Fox, but it looks like a night game on 106.
  5. Hopper System Support Forum
    New Dish member here! I have a question about the Hopper Duo. I elected to get the Hopper Duo in order to save 5$ a month (DVR fee). I researched the Duo before the tech arrived and I was under the impression that it was not 4k capable unless you paired a 4k Joey to it (and only the Joey tv...
  6. DIRECTV Programming
    I see that 4k channel 1104 has a listing for Yellowstone S1 in 4k. Also on Paramount Network 1241.
  7. Hopper System Support Forum
    Does the Hopper3 have a native 4K device output (via the HDMI), or do I need a 4K Joey? DirecTV DVR 'main unit' does not have 4K as native direct-connect output, and requires a 4K wired receiver box. Not a prime solution for what I wish to do. Thanks in advance.
  8. High Definition Displays
    I'm looking for a 75" 4K TV to replace the 46" Samsung HDTV in my living room. My current TV still works great, but I do most of my TV-watching from about 19" away, at the kitchen table, so it would be nice to have a bigger screen. I'm willing to spend about $2000. I've been posting about this...
  9. DIRECTV Programming
    Clearest HD picture last night on Monday Night Football. It made me think that ESPN is possibly using 4K cameras for their HD feed, as the picture was exceptionally clean and clear. Anyone know? Or at least confirm what I saw?
  10. DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion
    I have a Genie 2, and three 4K receivers. I am a new DirecTV customer, and recently cancelled my premium channel promotional package. Unfortunately, the next day I also lost my free 4K channel 104 (now getting error code 721, channel not authorized). I was watching for past three weeks...
  11. DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion
    Current configuration HR44, HR23, C41 and wireless bridge. Lost whole home on the HR44 being able to view the HR23's shows with the new GUI and have since purchased a new 4K TV. If I upgrade to the HS17 and replace my HR23 with a client, will the C41 wireless client work with the HS17? If...
  12. DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion
    Hey all. So today had a tech out and he installed a Genie 2 and the 4k mini. I have a TCL 4K TV. I got the message "This TV supports 4k" at startup. Anyways when my tech left he showed me the 3 4k channels. I thought "cool, I'll watch now". As he's leaving he tells me "Those channels will...
  13. DIRECTV General Discussion
    Just got 4k hooked up - I have several TVs (TCL/LG OLED) that all accept 4k HDR signals, however the signal from the C61K drops out often and randomly on ch 104. (note I'm running UHD blur-rays with full dolby vision/HDR10 and no dropouts, so HDMI cables, TVs, AVRs, are not the issue). The sat...
  14. DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion
    Hi all, I have a Sony 900e with a HR54, and the 4K mini clients. Since I've got this tv and hooked up the mini client in my theater room I've noticed the menus are out of focus/blurry. It's not terrible but it also fixes its self if I'm in certain areas of the menu. If I bring up the menu and...
  15. DIRECTV General Discussion
    Setup: Genie 2 (HS17-100) 4K Genie Mini (C61K-700) Samsung 4K TV The audio keeps cutting in/out only on the the 4K channels. Just seemed to happen in the past few days. Contacted DTV and they were unaware of the problem. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks!
  16. DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion
    Hoping you experts can chime in here. -- Moved my HR54 to a different location this morning; a location that had my 4K Genie Mini, which worked perfectly fine in that location; -- Connected the HR54, went through setup, received 775 errors - cannot communicate with satellite; -- Checked...
  17. High Definition Displays
    this recently started happening. My Sony 4k tv is connected via hdmi to my yamaha 4k receiver. My DirecTV wireless box is connected via hdmi to yamaha receiver. When i change channels, the screen will go black, slight delay, and then picture appears. On other occasions, the same thing will...
  18. DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion
    I used to be a Directv customer for years but a couple of years ago, I moved with my girl friend and she had u-verse. Long story short, we are looking to see if it would be cheaper to switch to Directv but I have a few questions before we make the call. - what is the latest version of the HD...
  19. DIRECTV Programming
    Just had 4k installed . It was working when tech was on site . After tech left it says 4k not authorized for this location? Any ideas? Called tech support no results they sent it to another dept .
  20. DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion
    I got my Genie 2 HR17 installed today and it's amazing. But is there any word on future 4K channels?
1-20 of 35 Results