DBSTalk Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags

1-12 of 12 Results
  1. DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion
    Antenna Installation: Outdoor, large, high up on roof (installed there 15 years ago, not sure the exact type) Receiver Info: DTV Genie with LCC Problem Description: In Grand Rapids, MI, I get both NBC (channel 8) and CBS (channel 3) on my LCC device (connected to a DTV Genie) but they are...
  2. DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion
    I got my Genie 2 HR17 installed today and it's amazing. But is there any word on future 4K channels?
  3. DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion
    I'm in desperate need of some help, becuase if I can't finish this installation soon I'm going to tie a piece of RG6 around the dish mast, tie a noose on the other end and slip it around my neck, then jump off the roof and end my misery. I have a sl5 kaku lnb with (12) H24-700 receivers inside...
  4. DIRECTV General Discussion
    Does anyone have the channel lineup(s) from circa 1994?
  5. DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion
    Hello All - I'm purchasing a condo in the coming months, and have a decent view of the southern sky here in Chicago, and don't foresee any HOA issues installing DTV. The DTV dish will be mounted on my deck, but I am not sure if DTV will be allowed to drill through the brick to connect the dish...
  6. DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion
    Hi, We own a condo in a small complex (7 units) in Oakland, CA. We on 2nd floor of 2 story complex. I ordered DTV install 4 weeks ago and was very clear we would have to have a roof install as we have obstruction from our tree preventing balcony signal. This similar to my neighbor that has...
  7. DIRECTV General Discussion
    I happened to be in Best Buy today for the first time in a while and noticed this next to the Samsung UHD display. You will notice a familiar logo. Has DirecTV announced 4K / UHD plans? This is probably on display at every Best Buy as well as other Samsung retailers....who are all clueless...
  8. DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion
    Getting anywhere with DTV is impossible. We are building a house and wanted to ask a few questions regarding cable runs prior to drywall being done. Of course DTVs response is place an order for service and the installer will take care of everything. I'm not an imbecile and very capable of...
  9. DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion
    Most of the comments posted are about bad installs and other poor service. This is not one of them. While I have had more than my fair share of sub par work down by DTV contractors over the years, what with missed appointments, failure to bring equipment, knowledge of how to install and on and...
    dtv
  10. DIRECTV General Discussion
    Have an opportunity to purchase a New In Box S4040R SD TIVO (storage locker sale) to replace our old dying RCA DRV40 TIVO. We have the new box RID but unfortunately DTV says they cannot verify the unit because it has never been activated and they cannot tell if it was 'leased' box (from them) or...
  11. DIRECTV Connected Home
    I have been running a directive system with a DECA network for almost a year and have used it to get an ethernet connection to the other side of my house using a broadband deca by the router and a deca with a power supply to get the internet out of the deca network and into my second router...
  12. DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion
    I am taping 4 shows. Can I watch 3 different channels (not the ones being recorded), 3 entirely diffrerent channels on the 3 mini's? I thought you could only watch the "same" program/channel onb the 3 mini's if one (1) tuner was available the other 4 tuners are recording? Just curious since I...
1-12 of 12 Results