1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

005 Smart card issues on new 625

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Doug Higley, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Doug Higley

Doug Higley Legend

Dec 31, 2005
    Just replaced my 5 yr old 625 (hard drive failing) but the new reciever has an issue with Smart card I guess.
    Talked to tech twice, no resolve.
    Picture freezes...005 appears then after a bit either 122 comes on or it just goes back to the program.

WE have unplugged 3 times and reset and all that crap.

So tech says they want to send ANOTHER reciever or a tech to the house. What a pain. Any other solutions in the magic hat???

Software is up to date and matches. (L544)
    Driving me nuts.

btw: This happens about every 10 minutes as if responding to a signal?

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    625 is no longer in production so your replacement is a refurb and may have problems that weren't caught before it was shipped to you. Did it come with a new card or did you transfer your old card?

Either way get the new replacement and hope for the best.

3. Doug Higley

Doug Higley Legend

Dec 31, 2005
    I heard that it doesn't have an actual 'card' but is built in.

What is a replacement that IS being made and would be new? SD.

I'm a long time customer and lease the unit, so they'll probably play ball

4. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    No - it WILL have the new purple card unless E* is unsoldering the old / putting the new one in.

5. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Dish Network hasn't manufactured an SD receiver in almost 2 years. All SD equipment is refurbs, and MOST* new installations today are getting HD equipment only, whether they are paying for HD or not.

The 625 requires a separate SmartCard, and it sounds like the SmartCard reader in your unit is failing. You'll need a replacement 625.

*Customers who pass the credit check to qualify for the normal "Dish Home Advantage" promotions generally get HD equipment. Customers with bad credit who only qualify for the "Flex24" or "Flex" will still get SD equipment unless they subscribe to HD and pay the upgrade fees.

6. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Does re-seating the smart card help?

7. flatus

flatus Legend

Aug 18, 2006
    What about the 512 receiver?