1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

0x0290 wiped out playlist and prioritizer

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by trausch, Oct 22, 2008.

1. trausch

trausch Cool Member

Jan 6, 2006
    0x0290 wiped out playlist and prioritizer. I am pissed....anyone know how to fix this?

I was so pissed I called Direct TV. I wanted them to reduce the cancellation fee. My argument was that there must be some sort of implied quality of service in the contract. Theoretically, my receiver could reboot every 10 minutes and there would be nothing I could do to cancel my service without paying a cancellation fee. She said she could not reduce my fee and that if I didn't pay it would go to legal arbitration. I asked for their number and she would not give it to me. I asked for any number that could help with reducing the fee and she said none existed.

Do you think the CEO will answer?

chase.carey@directv.com
    310-964-5000

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    No, I don't think he'll answer.

Were you using an external HD?

3. trausch

trausch Cool Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Nope.

4. Tybee Bill

Tybee Bill Legend

Oct 21, 2008
    Tybee...
    Years ago they screwed me out of $200. The promised me a rebate if I bought HD equipment. I ordered to HD receivers and they claimed that it wasn't a purchase, it was an upgrade. Every department told me I would get the credit. After I made the purchase, they refused. I raised a stink and got them to give me a $10 per month credit to my account for two years ($240).
    If you feel that you have a loss, ask them to give you a small, monthly credit. It goes down easier.

5. lumspond

lumspond Cool Member

Oct 3, 2006
    You're not alone.
    It wiped out mine as well.

Tony - Delaware

6. nofishbob

nofishbob Cool Member

Jul 26, 2007
    It wiped EVERYTHING off my unit.....

7. trausch

trausch Cool Member

Jan 6, 2006
    What's our recourse? We can't leave because we're locked in and they continue to give us crappy service.

If anyone from Direct TV reads this. Rest assured I will tell everyone I know that your company has horrible service.