0x0312, Does Not Work

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - Coax Networking (private)' started by Spanky_Partain, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
    I had to go to a NR which was 0x0312 at my location and the DECA does not work. It does not have any power to the DECA unit.

Hopefully, 0x034C will come soon!

Perhaps POE, power over ethernet, is getting enabled in the firmware.

It is kind of strange seeing the MRV and the Friendly names back in the menu selections.

2. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Hey, thanks for catching that!

Me too. HR22-100, went back to NR and did not even look at the DECA. Saw your post and checked my DVR and sure enough, no power to the DECA. Ran a network wire to my switch.

3. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Same here on NR, but since I dont use mediashare or DOD on this unit, I just left it alone with no net connection. Sure wish they offered a previous weeks CE on Sunday nights for those of us with units the current Fri/Sat nite CE trashed. No biggie tho. Without MRV, there isnt much to test.

4. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Yup .. I thought it was mentioned during the past cycle that you needed to be at a certain level for DECA to work. There should be another CE this coming weekend, so Friday is when it will happen.

So DECA's so seamless you don't even notice it until it's gone. That's a positive :)

5. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    hah, you know what I didn't even realize my HR21-100 that I took back to NR didn't have Network. I had no idea the DECA wasn't working. Good job DirecTV!

If this had been a couple of weeks ago I would have noticed though because I was constantly checking to see what color my C.Link lights were. :lol:

6. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Glad I have my Cat5e and switch still there. I was hoping to get the 0x034C soon, but I could not stand not having the network connected so I could do some Starz DOD downloads.

They really do have some great Preview Movies on there.

7. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Just a reminder, if you rewired like I did to bypass the deca, it's time to put it back in the circuit.

8. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Thanks for the reminder!