1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

0x0412 HR24-500 Released Last Night

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by adamson, Oct 6, 2010.

1. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Any notes on this...just wondering. Have not had a chance to see how functional they are after the update. Hope all is smooth.

2. Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon Hall Of Fame

Aug 17, 2006
  3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Don't see how it could do anything but help my 24-500. I'm losing patience with this thing and if it doesn't get straightened out, it's going back. The only reason I took the thing was because it was without cost (not considering the cost of worrying about what it's gonna do next) and it's done nothing but cause me headaches.

I did get the update last night on the 500 and I got an update on the 24-200 too. That one seems pretty stable.

Rich

4. Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon Hall Of Fame

Aug 17, 2006
    Other than the AM21 issue, my 24-500 is awesome. I'd say SW aint gonna help you and you have a buggy unit.

5. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Yeah, I agree. Just hoping that an NR will fix it. You ought to see what this 500 does every once in a while. Things I've never seen a DVR do. Things I didn't think a DVR could do without someone pushing random buttons. But, that's just the way my luck runs...

Rich

6. argonaut

argonaut AllStar

Dec 16, 2006
    Anyone find the release notes yet?

7. Richard L Bray

Richard L Bray Legend

Aug 19, 2006
    No, but I have verified that I'm still having HR24/AM21 issues; although a little different. Tried to record one OTA show last night (thought I had changed them all to satellite). It recorded first two minutes and then "froze". When I hit "skip"or "ff" it went to the end of the show. Nothing was recorded from minute "2" through "58". It did force me to search again and move the last three OTA series to the satellite version.

8. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    My HR24-500 has been flawless (no AM21). No audio/video drops, no audio/video issues of any kind, so I don't think firmware has anything to do with your issues. :shrug:

Mike

9. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I gave this some thought yesterday and that 500 was working fine until it got the first NR. Then it became buggy. I moved it to another room and got a new NR yesterday. Let's see what happens now.

Rich