1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 0f 3 computers not seen on Home Media.

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by nospmahm, Nov 14, 2012.

1. nospmahm

nospmahm Mentor

Nov 18, 2006
    I have:
    Hopper 1 with 1 Joey and Sling adapter.
    Hopper 2 with 1 Joey.
    Three Windows 7 computers with Windows Media Player.

When I go to the Home Media screen I only see 2 computers, pressing Refresh does nothing.

I checked Network and Sharing center on Win 7 and I see the 3 computers, 2 Hoppers, 2 Joeys and the router.

2. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    One machine may not be running Windows Media Center.

3. Calvin386

Calvin386 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    Not trying to hijack this thread but I have not been able to access any media on my win7 computer. I have never opened win media center on my comp. is that where the problem is?

4. RasputinAXP

Jan 23, 2008
    Install Windows Media Player 11. It includes a DLNA server. It's not goign to help very much because it doesn't do any transcoding and the Hopper is particular about formats.

5. nospmahm

nospmahm Mentor

Nov 18, 2006
    I don't see Windows Media Center anywhere on Computer, just Media Center Player.
    I can't find anywhere on the internet to download it on the internet except third party vendors which I don't trust because they install not wanted software.
    Where can I download the 64 Bit version?
    Or can I find it on the original Win 7 Home Edition disc?

6. Calvin386

Calvin386 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    I may have this wrong but I'm wanting to view media located on my computer(videos, pictures etc...) on my LCD via my Hopper.

Is this possible?

7. nospmahm

nospmahm Mentor

Nov 18, 2006
    Calvin386,
    You are really hijacking my post, do me a great favor and post your question in your own thread so I can get my answer.
    Thanks,
    nospmahm

8. RasputinAXP

Jan 23, 2008
    You got your answer...make sure Media Player is installed and make sure you're set to share your media.

Like I said, that may not help too much. I use PlayOn (http://www.playon.tv) to stream to the Hopper.

9. lonerwulf

lonerwulf Mentor

Jul 9, 2012
    To get media player u must be connected to internerwirh hic no other connection to my knowledge will work

10. RasputinAXP

Jan 23, 2008
    You necroposted on a thread to give bad info? Great. The HIC is not necessary; see the FAQ for how to enable bridging.

11. lonerwulf

lonerwulf Mentor

Jul 9, 2012
    I'm pretty sure I'm right about this. It's what I was told by my fsm

12. RasputinAXP

Jan 23, 2008
    It's ok, you're wrong. Or your family is wrong, whichever. I and many other Hopper users have bridging enabled.

13. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    That was correct when it first launched due to a bug. A HIC is no longer needed.