1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

+1 Dish service

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by scooper, Aug 25, 2010.

1. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Well - I was trying to do some rewiring and fried another DishPro - Legacy adapter on the 4900 Monday (things are freaking fragile - just a little spark and it's history !).

So, chatted with Dish rep Monday night and added the DHPP, Called yesterday morning and scheduled service call, and now I have a DP311 in place of the 4900. Much faster , Now I just need to find my old UHF remote pyramid...

All in all - a painless service experiance.

2. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Haha "I wrecked my car, so I got insurance. The next day I called and made a claim and got a new one!" :lol:

3. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    You do know that you could have called, added the Plan and replaced the receiver at the same time, right...?

4. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    I tried chatting the guy into the tech appointment monday night, but he would have nothing to do with it since I wasn't in front of the TV. Tueday morning I went through Tech and advanced tech, got the onsite scheduled for wednesday. Onsite confirmed the adapter fried, and did the receiver swap. I figured it was probably a better deal doing this than to hope a replacement adapter would do it (since I would not be able to tell if the receiver was bad without it), and the tech did not have an adapter.

If things were better - I would see about a DIU for a VIP 222K.

Maybe later (or when 119 is finally completely treed out).