1 vs 2 press erase

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Bud33, May 13, 2009.

1. Bud33

Bud33 Legend

Jan 26, 2006
    I haven't followed this group for a while so forgive me if this is a repeat!!!
    I have and R-15 with the latest update (0x1250) I think:confused:
    When working with the list and deleting recorded shows, the (-) can be use as a quick delete. At times it requires two presses to delete with this button and at other times one press will do the job. This function has changed between the one and two press on at least 4 occasions and there doesn't seem to be any obvious reason.
    Has anyone experienced this and if so is there a way to know which one will work.

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    It is a bug if the "-" button deletes with only one press and not two. Reset your receiver and the issue should be corrected.

- Merg

3. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    You may be experiencing IR interference from a compact fluorescent bulb or some other IR emitting device. This causes a single press of the - (dash) key to appear as two to the unit.

Do you ever get two responses to other commands? (like you press FF once but it goes to speed #2, or you press PAGE DOWN and your list goes down two pages)?

Try UNPLUGGING the unit (not just resetting it via onscreen menu). This will completely reset all the hardware including the IR receiver. A new set of batteries for the remote should be tried. Then see if the problem vanishes.