$10 discount for joint ATT billing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by thyname, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Dec 6, 2015 #1 of 13
    thyname

thyname Member

May 9, 2015
    United States
    Since I had ATT already, I signed for the joint billing to get the $10/month discount they keep pushing. It took me 20 minutes on the phone, and I had to provide credit card information again even though both services were on auto pay.

Then, all my authentication info with tv providers and services (NFL Sunday Ticket, NBC Sports Live Extra, HBO Go, beIN Sports, etc) was lost. I had to recreate log in info with Directv to match ATT, and wasted lots of my time. Completely unnecessary thing to go through

Finally, just today, I realized that I am not getting the $10 per month discount I was getting by having Directv on auto pay. I called Directv and they told me that when I did the switch to joint billing, my Directv auto pay was canceled and cannot be reestablished since I would be paying twice. So, the entire advertising on getting $10 per month as a discount when enrolling in joint billing withAT is false. To me, false advertising is grounds for a class action lawsuit. You can't advertise a discount when the application of this discount causes the removal of an existing discount of equal value. Is any body experiencing the same situation?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Dec 6, 2015 #2 of 13
    PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    I am still waiting for my 10 dollar discount. Not holding my breath.

3. Dec 6, 2015 #3 of 13
    lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    My bet is that it us not automatic. Call ATT and tell them you are a Directv sub. They will probably want your Directv account number.

IMHO it will be a while before both data bases are integrated to a point that could be automatic, that is if they want to do it. The longer it takes people realize they have to apply for discount the more money they do not have to give up on discounts.

4. Dec 6, 2015 #4 of 13
    thyname

thyname Member

May 9, 2015
    United States
    My point on my original post is that I am getting the $10 discount after calling to combine bills, but I am losing the $10 discount I had prior to combined billing for being on auto pay with Directv

5. Dec 6, 2015 #5 of 13
    ragweed10

ragweed10 Member

Jul 10, 2013
    San Diego
    You will Never win with AT&T.
    AND NEVER do "BUNDLES" !!
    They ALWAYS COST MORE $$$$ and time.
    Bundles are designed to get you HOOKED and SCREWED
    You just proved it again.
    If you keep them separate, you can move things, discounts, promotions, etc. around.
    Change Carriers, look for better deals, and MORE
    BUNDLES you are LOCKED in.
    """DON'T do BUNDLES"""

6. Dec 6, 2015 #6 of 13
    thyname

thyname Member

May 9, 2015
    United States
    Are you saying I should switch them back to separate billing? I can. I can also switch cell phone carriers in a few months.

7. Dec 6, 2015 #7 of 13
    ragweed10

ragweed10 Member

Jul 10, 2013
    San Diego
    "YES" you will have LOTS of Options if you do.
    And Save a Bundle of Money.

8. Dec 6, 2015 #8 of 13
    peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    While you can try to "de-bundle" you will find out that is where you nightmare you begin...

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

9. Dec 6, 2015 #9 of 13
    ragweed10

ragweed10 Member

Jul 10, 2013
    San Diego
    You got that RIGHT. I went thru that before.
    Took me "2" years and LOTS of Money.
    NEVER BUNDLE with ANYONE
    I heard it is easier to reason with the IRS

10. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    There is a long thread on this board about the nightmares people have had when combined

11. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
    I didn't think I was getting the discount but then I noticed it is listed under "Adjustments and Credits" as "Choice - Combined Bill Discount".

12. guyatrandom

guyatrandom New Member

Jan 5, 2016
    Tennessee
    Y'all are talking about a combined bill discount with AT&T Wireless and directv? Yea it just takes a couple of bill cycles to complete. AT&T converts your acct type from REG to PTR, then payment works in a daisy chain fashion. AT&T pays directv for the balance you owe at the time of billing, then you pay AT&T both your bills at once. It makes for an awful lot of confusion given the alignment of billing cycles. Be ye not fooled, however. U-Verse and DirecTV can be joint-billed, but will not confer the discount.

13. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Mar 25, 2002
    Littleton,...
    Yesterday I went into the AT&T company store with my daughter to help her get a new phone, take her off my account and sent up a new one for her. It took well over an hour. The sales rep kept having trouble and kept having to make phone calls to make things work. He said it was my DirecTV bundling that was causing the problem. He said they were going to have to do a "reunification" to my account. I wanted my daughter to be able to get her new phone but was really nervous on how bad he was going to mess up my account. He finally got everything to work.

Today I wanted to verify things were correct. I called and found out that there was a note on the account to put it in my wife name. I did not request or authorize that. It took me over 90 minutes on the phone to get it straightened out (I think). I have not been able to access any of my DirecTV information online for several weeks and still not today.

I was transferred back and forth 3 times and did end up with free HBO and Starz for 3 months for all my trouble. I just can't imagine what my bills are going to look like until they get this mess straightened out.