1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

11-19-07 episode of Big Bang Theory did not record

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Lee L, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    Cancelled Error 13 due to the show becoming unavailable. It recorded How I met your Mother and Two and a Half Men just fine on either side. There were no conflicts at all and this setup has worked for the last several weeks without recording issues.

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    It was a repeat, the pilot episode.

3. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    Really, the description said it was new, did they make a last minute change? If so, good for DirecTV for getting it right, though I would still rather have to delete the un-needed show.

I really wish they would make these descriptions better!

4. dragonbait

dragonbait Legend

Jan 20, 2007
    The change was made last minute, however CBS knew early last week that it had run out of completed episodes due to the writer's strike.

5. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    I checked before the show last night and it was labeled as the pilot episode and therefore did not record.

6. cbeckner80

cbeckner80 Godfather

Apr 19, 2006
    I've noticed this lately with a couple different series on both my HR20 and R15, and I think it great that the software works like it should and doesn't record repeats. It's what everyone asked for months ago when we first got the DVR(s).:hurah: :hurah:

7. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    I knew it was a rerun. I am not sure if anything showed up in my history or not but I would think it didn't since there was not even a episode in my "to do list" for it yesterday.

8. dragonbait

dragonbait Legend

Jan 20, 2007
    Early last week it was showing up in my 'to do list', which surprised me since last week was the last completed episode available. My history does show that it was cancelled. The message says that it expected "11 E356E 9", but instead found episode "11 E356E 1". I presume the 9 and 1 at the end are the episode numbers.

9. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002

I agree in general that it si a good thing, however, they just need to tell me something besides the show was "unavailable" when it an episode did air but did not record due to it being a rerun, especially considering the past issues they have had with this same error.

10. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    My HR20 knew it was a rerun since early last week as it showed up as not recording in the to do list. Next weeks (11/26) is showing up a new and is set to record in my to do list.

11. cover

cover Icon

Feb 11, 2007
    Glad to see that the episode was a repeat and the DVR acted as it should. Still, the history should provide a better message regarding why it did not record. The cryptic message left me wondering whether the DVR had malfunctioned, the episode just wasn't on, or if my OTA signal was lost. Something like "was not recorded because it was a repeat" would have been much more informative.

12. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I noticed this on both my DVRs which are running two different software versions, and presumed it was another case where a last minute substitution was made. This is going to be more common as the writers' strike goes on.

13. Snoofie

Snoofie Registered User

May 29, 2003
    I was wondering why mine wasn't recording and I noticed that it was a rerun, I checked my To Do list and noticed that next week's episode was still scheduled to record. I guess the guide will update between now and then because I did read that they had no more episodes left to air.

14. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Yes, it will likely update before then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.