"11.22.63" premiers on Hulu

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Feb 15, 2016.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    [​IMG]

IMDb blurb:

I haven't read the Stephen King novel which was published on November 8, 2011 and quickly became a number-one bestseller, staying on The New York Times Best Seller list for 16 weeks. 11/22/63 won the 2011 Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Best Mystery/Thriller and the 2012 International Thriller Writers Award for Best Novel.

I'm curious to see what King, J.J. Abrams, and James Franco do with a TV series based on the book.

2. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Got my 30 day free Hulu started.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    So how does Hulu work? It does seem the episodes are being released weekly, how long do they generally stay up, is it possible to sign up for the trial at the end of the run and binge watch all the episodes?

4. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    I watched the premiere and I'm certainly interested.

There was really only one dialogue between the two main characters that I wished had happened - but that's nitpicking and I won't spoil it here.

5. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    Reviews are decidedly mixed.

I think I liked all of the box office movies by Stephen King, a couple of the TV shows. Stephen King is brilliant, but his track record in scripted TV isn't.

6. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    At least in the past, the best King adaptations have been from novellas, directed by Frank Darabont or starring Kathy Bates. But most of those were movies. Though I did like The Stand (and has Kathy Bates, though not in a lead role).

7. Nick

Nick Charter Gold Club Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    From an IMDB reviewer, who gave 11.22.63 9/10 stars:

"James Franco exercises his full acting range in this adaptation of Stephen King's taut, time-travel thriller. Early on, it's very true to the plot, style, and tone of King's book, so fans of the novel should be pleased if it continues in the same way. At the same time, those unfamiliar with the book are thrown into an engaging world with its own quirks and rules. Franco navigates moments of surprising pathos and surprising humor with ease, pulling the viewer into Epping's experiences and showing us his thoughts and feelings, even when dialogue is sparse.

11.22.63 is intelligent, thoughtful television that belongs in the current streamed-TV and specialized-content landscape that contains shows like The Man in the High Castle, Fargo, and the (dearly-departed) Hannibal. It's not an easy show to watch when you're half asleep or cleaning the house. If you're willing to give it your full attention, however, it's more than worth the time."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2879552/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1