1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1Light on front of 622 comes on by itself

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by plasmacat, Feb 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. plasmacat

plasmacat Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    Some times, after I have turned my 622 off for the night the light for TV1 comes on by itself. Just one light -the left light under TV1. This usually happens around 11pm to midnight. If I turn on the TV the receiver is off. If I turn on the receiver and then turn it off, the light is gone but no way of knowing if it comes on again during the night.
    I have my update set for 4am so it is not that.
    Any ideas?

2. kucharsk

kucharsk Godfather

Sep 19, 2006
    No, but one of the two 722s I used to have would occasionally do the same thing.

Why, and why it was only one of the 722s is a mystery. :confused:

3. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006
    Check your menu and see what time you have it set for the nightly guide update,,,mine is set for 3am and every night about that time the light comes on and the receiver updates the guide and if any new firmware has been released it also update that too..only the left light comes on for these events..

4. plasmacat

plasmacat Legend

Mar 14, 2007
    As I said in my original post, I have the update set for 4am so that is not why the light comes on unless my dvr has a mind of it's own and updates when it feels like it.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    most likely :)

BTW, the "guide updates" eg update EPG/EEPG coming a few times per day; if you interesting you could find my old posts where provided factual info, discussing the subject with James Long

6. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I don't usually think much of it anymore... but at least a few nights a week the light on my 922 comes on while in standby. Not during the nightly update and not when anything is being recorded or when the receiver is rebooting. If I wake it and put it back to sleep the light goes off again. I don't know why it happens, but it might be something similar.

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    that could be a bug, when some process (kind of housekeeping) wake up and play with the LED, but getting to background without turning off the LED