1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007-2008 FOX Programming

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Steve Mehs, May 19, 2007.

1. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    (All info from tv.com)

[​IMG]

NEW

K-Ville - Monday 9:00PM
    This buddy cop drama is set in post Hurricane Katrina New Orleans, where two police partners have conflicting ideas about how to handle the city's problems.

New Amsterdam - Tuesday 8:00PM
    New York City homicide detective John Amsterdam is cursed with immortality because he stopped the murder of a Native Indian schoolgirl in 1642 by stepping in front of a sword. Due to this act of kindness, the Indian girl rescued Amsterdam from the stab wound by making him immortal.

Back To You - Wednesday 8:00PM
    Traditional live-audience sitcom starring sitcom veterans Kelsey Grammer (Cheers, Frasier) and Patricia Heaton (Everybody Loves Raymond) as co-news anchors who reunite at a Pittsburg television station after they worked together previously in the 90's. Chuck Darling (Kelsey Grammer) is a bit of a womanizer and moved on from Pittsburg to a large market but his career took a large hit after a terrible on-screen blunder. In the managers' attempt to bring the Pittsburg newscast back to #1, Chuck Darling makes his return with his former co-anchor Kelly Carr. The creative minds behind the series, Steve Levitan (Just Shoot Me) and Christopher Lloyd (Frasier) are both very experienced in the sitcom realm.

Kitchen Nightmares - Thursday 9:00PM
    Gordon Ramsay's British series gets made over for America. In this series, Ramsay will hit the road to help many a struggling restaurant find the path to success in just one week.

The Search For The Next Great American Band (Working Title) - Friday 8:00PM
    Sometimes achieving idol status is more than a solo effort, and this FOX series is set to celebrate the talents of multiple musicians. Simon Fuller and friends open up the American Idol-style competition to bands, and all sizes and genres from across the country are welcome to make a play for the spotlight.

Nashville (Working Title) - Friday 9:00PM
    This new "docu-soap" follows a group of people as they try to make it big in Nashville's music and social scenes.

The Return Of Jezebel James - Wednesday 8:30PM
    Amy Sherman-Palladino, creator of Gilmore Girls, brings us this multi-camera comedy about how two estranged sisters who are polar opposites try to raise a baby together. Boston Legal's Parker Posey was cast in the lead role in this comedy pilot as Sarah Tomkins. Sarah is an intelligent, optimistic and determined woman who has it all. She's a successful editor of children's books with a very helpful assistant Buddy (The Good Shepherd's Michael Arden) who keeps her life together. Also she has a steady, no-strings-attached relationship with businessman Marcus Sonti (Gilmore Girls's Scott Cohen) a confirmed bachelor.

Canterbury's Law - Thursday 9:00PM
    Follows a passionate female defense attorney who pushes the envelope to protect her innocent clients.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Sunday 9:00PM
    The Terminator franchise arrives on TV with this serial drama. Set a year after the events of Terminator 2: Judgment Day the series follows Sarah and John Connor as they hide from the authorities and Skynet's army of Terminators.

The Rules For Starting Over - TBA
    A group of newly single friends (Craig Bierko, Johnny Sneed and Shaun Majumder) must start over in their 30s in their quest to find true love.

CANCELED/ENDED

Drive
    Happy Hour
    Justice
    The OC
    The Rich List
    Vanished
    The War At Home
    The Wedding Bells

SCHEDULE

MONDAY

8:00PM Prison Break
    9:00PM K-Ville

TUESDAY

8:00PM New Amsterdam
    9:00PM House

WEDNESDAY

8:00PM Back to You
    8:30PM 'Til Death
    9:00PM Bones

THURSDAY

8:00PM Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
    9:00PM Kitchen Nightmares

FRIDAY

8:00PM The Search For the Next Great American Band (Working Title)
    9:00PM Nashville (Working Title)

SATURDAY

8:00PM Cops
    8:30PM Cops
    9:00PM America's Most Wanted: America Fights Back
    11:00PM Mad TV

SUNDAY

7:00PM The OT
    8:00PM The Simpsons
    8:30PM King Of The Hill
    9:00PM Family Guy
    9:30PM American Dad

MID SEASON

MONDAY

8:00PM K-Ville (January)/Prison Break (Spring)
    9:00PM 24

TUESDAY

8:00PM American Idol
    9:00PM House

WEDNESDAY (January 2008)

8:30PM 'Til Death
    9:00PM American Idol

WEDNESDAY (Spring)

8:30PM The Return of Jezebel James (Working Title)
    9:00PM American Idol Results Show
    9:30PM 'Til Death

THURSDAY

8:00PM Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
    9:00PM Canterbury's Law

FRIDAY

8:00PM Bones
    9:00PM New Amsterdam

SATURDAY

8:00PM Cops
    8:30PM Cops
    9:00PM America's Most Wanted: America Fights Back
    11:00PM Mad TV

SUNDAY

7:00PM King of the Hill
    7:30PM American Dad
    8:00PM The Simpsons
    8:30PM Family Guy
    9:00PM The Sarah Connor Chronicles

2. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    Call my broker and get me some more NEWS Corp stock. New Amsterdam seems to have appeal as a love story, as sci-fi/fantasy, as history, and as a cop show. Great idea if they can pull it off. Back To You, combined with Til Death in a set schedule place, can be the first non-cartoon comedy hits on Fox since Malcolm. Sarah Connor, in the X-Files old spot, can be killer action/sci-fi. The American Idol rip off with bands seems OK. The girlie lawyer preachy show will be a hit among those who like that sort of thing.

Fox #1.

3. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Why is Fox trying to kill off Bones by moving it to Friday nights mid-season?

4. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Knowing Fox, about half of those shows will be axed within 6 episodes, another one or two will be gone after the first run.

Canterbury's Law sounded okay on first glance, but it's about a defense attorney, we already have enough criminals getting away with things in real life, don't need a TV shows about it. Just watch the news.

I will be checking out K-Ville, New Amsterdam, and The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

5. rabi

rabi Banned User

Feb 10, 2006
    Sucked so bad they cancelled it twice!?!?!??!?!!?

I actually liked this show...

6. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Oops I had it as War At Home but The War At Home is the correct name, thought I deleted that line. I really liked it as well, I thought it was very funny and fit in great with the rest of Fox Sunday. Plus I thought Hillary was HOT. Hey's she's only one year younger then me in real life, I'm allowed to say that :D

Nice to see another WNYer is around, after the Sabres game yesterday I thought this whole area would be in a complete state of depression. I went to the Best Buy in Amherst today, it seemed like the whole area has just been completely deflated.

7. DaveTheWave

DaveTheWave AllStar

Mar 27, 2007
    Part of the pilot for K-Ville was shot right below my office window. It was a very unproductive day...

8. Galley

Galley Legend

Apr 2, 2007
    I was suprised to see King Of The Hill re-signed for a 12th season. The 11th Season Finale could've easily been a Series Finale.

9. agreer

agreer Godfather

Apr 7, 2006
    and it SHOULD have been...I like it, but they just cant beat a dead horse much longer, they have tapped it for every possible angle on all decent punch lines.

Also, how can there be a show about Sara Conner without Arnold? the whole governorship seems to keep him busy these days

10. NickD

NickD Legend

Apr 5, 2007
    The only things that sound decent are Amsterdam and Sarah Connor, the rest I could care less about, we need less reality tv and need more tv shows! I watch tv to get away from reality! I hope they are not trying to kill bones, my wife and I really like that show.

11. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Computer, what shows do I watch on Fox?

2. Bones
    11. Drive (Cancelled)
    33. On the Lot

The Sarah Conner chronicles looks interesting.

12. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Wow ever since the first Survivor came on, I thought I was the only one on the planet who thaought that way. :)

13. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Other than AFV (which never fails to make me feel smarter) I have never watched any
    of the so-called reality shows. From what I have seen on their ubiquitous, incessant
    and seemingly unavoidable promos, they are anything but real.

14. mr_mark_taylor

mr_mark_taylor Mentor

Nov 20, 2005

and we'll be stuck with Simpsons or Family Guy reruns in the middle of the week, or the movie or the week

15. GFloyd

GFloyd Legend

Jun 3, 2003
    I have zero plans to watch any of Fox's new shows -- except for the Idol spin-off. I figure why bother.

16. BobbySteelz

BobbySteelz Godfather

May 24, 2007
    Can anyone jog my memory as to when there was a "traditional" sitcom that worked on fox...maybe I'm just having a brain fart, but I can't seem to recall one.