-200s are in the wild

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - H24/HR24 Field Trial (private)' started by RobertE, Jul 30, 2010.

1. RobertE

RobertE Active Member

Jun 9, 2006
    As the title says, the -200s are now in the wild. Put in a H24-200 this morning for a customer.

Don't know if these were rushed or not due to supply/demand or what, but they are out there.

So, if a 3rd look is being done, better hurry it up. :)

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    OK, here's your chance, testers. Submit any pictures or text in this thread. The next post will give you the basic rules.

3. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    Welcome to the Field Trials! I hope you'll cooperate in creating another one of DBSTalk's acclaimed First Looks when the field trials are over. Over the past several years, we've been lucky to have some very talented people writing and editing the First Looks, and the standards have been set pretty high. So, I'd like to introduce some basic rules that should help you (and help me, as I'll be creating the final document.)

You may not include content from other web sites.
    This includes content from DIRECTV.com or any presentation by DIRECTV, as well as any other manufacturer web site.

Any content you submit becomes the property of DBSTalk.com.
    This is true of all of the posts you make here, but First Look documents tend to go all over the world, and for the purposes of copyright, the author and copyright holder is DBSTalk.com.

All text you submit must be in one of the following formats:
    • Plain Text (.txt)
    • Rich Text (.rtf)
    • Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx)
    • vBulletin format posted in this forum

All pictures you submit must be in one of the following formats, at least 1024x768 resolution (1.5 megapixel):
    • JPEG (maximum possible quality)
    • TIFF
    • PNG-24

If you need to attach photos over 1 Megabyte (and I am sure you will), send me a PM and I will get you an FTP location to upload them.

In addition, please do not embed photos in Word documents or watermark photos. Watermarks and copyright notices will be added later. Please do not use cameraphone pictures and please make sure that your photos are consistently lit and reasonably free of distortion or shadows.

In the case of an editorial disagreement, I will decide on the final inclusion, exclusion or format of any text or pictures. If there is a genuine need for a second opinion, one of the other moderators will be called in as a referee.

Folks, I know this seems like a lot of unnecessary rules but at this point our First Looks have a very good reputation out there and I think it's important that we keep building on what we've created here.

4. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    I will take some photos this evening on the HR24-200 with HR24-500 and H24-100.

5. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Wow that was real quick
    I wonder whats up next?

6. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    ;)

7. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    Me thinks Mr. Shadow knows! :)

8. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Tease! :lol:

9. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
  10. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Oh man, now I have this huge smile on my face. Can't wait to see what new and exciting thing is next. The latest receivers and deca coupled with MRV seem to be a huge hit.

Let's see 'em top that. :)

11. john18

john18 Active Member

Nov 21, 2006
    This has been my first field trial and since the HR24's have been out for awhile in the form of the HR24-100 and HR24-500, what could we add to the existing information gained/written in those First Looks that would be unique to the HR24-200? I know that the photos of the back will be different, but other than that what could or might be different?

Also, can we now update our public equipment setup profiles to show the HR24-200 and can we discuss it publiclly? (I know not to discuss how we tested and what we reported within this forum.)

12. JACKIEGAGA

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Not yet one of the Mods will let you know when

13. JACKIEGAGA

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    HD GUIDE

14. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    After the 3rd look is posted (maybe Monday or Tuesday) you can put them in your profiles. As for discussion, anything that happens in the field trial is permanently off limits.

15. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Save the Clock Tower!!

Aug 21, 2006
    Fresno, CA
    It seems like it has been quite a while since I've had any issues with my HR24-200. So it doesn't surprise me that this trial is about over.

Here's to more testing!!!:goodjob:

16. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    By the way -200 team - nice job.

Standing on the sidelines...reading the posts. True testers at work. :)

17. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    This is good news and does not really surprise me as my H24-200 has been rock solid from day 1. Now I can move things around and get rid of the H20, I put the H24 in the bedroom on top of the HR21 for a better test but now I can update :)

18. twistedT

twistedT Icon

Jan 11, 2007
    yup, I had no issues to report... mine worked great. :D I ditched my H20 the first day the H24 showed up on my doorstep!!! :lol:

19. john18

john18 Active Member

Nov 21, 2006
    I wonder why I had issues and many of you seemingly had none. I never thought that I worked my units harder or much differently than others do.

Frankly I would have suggested a couple more weeks of field testing and software updates...