2015 Formula 1 season discussion

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by bnwrx, Mar 10, 2015.

1. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    So.....My viewing addiction gets renewed beginning this weekend....
    Will Mercedes continue its dominance?(probably, at least early on..). Will Williams improve on their surprising results of last year? Will Vettel's move to Ferrari bring the desired and longed for results? Can Honda figure out their power unit in time to push the others?
    Perhaps the most burning question of the off season....what really happened to Alonso in his accident??? How will the very young drivers perform?

Not many significant changes to the regs this year. The noses "look " better. For safety concerns, there will be a "Virtual Safety Car" during "Waving Yellows". Small enhancements can be done to the power units during the season.

Here are links to NBC's coverage for this weekend and the upcoming season :

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/10/here-are-this-weeks-australian-gp-tv-and-stream-times-on-nbcsn-and-live-extra/
    and......
    http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/10/full-2015-f1-on-nbc-grand-prix-race-schedule-air-times-and-networks/

Enjoy!!

2. mexican-bum

mexican-bum "Jack Of All Trades, Master Of Some"

Feb 25, 2006
    Looking forward to it! Hopefully I can make it down to austin this season.

3. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    Maybe we should organize a DBSTalk road trip/gathering in Austin! :hurah:

4. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Cordova, TN
    I'm interested to see how Seb and Kimi play together. I'll try to stay interested but if it goes like last season, I probably won't last long. It's just not fun to watch a foregone conclusion.

5. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Cordova, TN
    Oh how I love Malaysia. Gotta love that downpour. Ferrari and Kimi didn't but I think he'll be able to finish in the top 5. Great to see other teams at least competing with Mercedes.

6. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Cordova, TN
    Now that was fun to watch! Hopefully the Ferraris keep up their pace because if they do it's going to be a very exciting year.

7. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    Very unexpected results. Ferrari played all their cards right for this one. Imagine if Kimi didn't have that Sauber hit him on lap 1!! Another strong showing from Williams and how about those teenagers at Torro Rosso, both of them ahead of the main team!!! Let's hope its not a "one off" and Ferrari can be strong again. If so, then the 'Benz Boyz have a fight on their hands. On to China.....

8. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Cordova, TN
    Things at red bull are not good at all. Renault issues, brake issues. Yikes. I think Kimi would have been in third if he didn't have that puncture right after the pit entrance of all places. He fought back great though. Finally Ferrari are back I think and hope. Gotta love how the junior red bull team did. Mighty impressive.
    Onward to China.

9. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Cordova, TN
    Quite a race again. Ferrari are definitely giving Mercedes a run for their money. I wish Kimi would have had about 10 more laps as I think he would have gotten around Seb. Other than that I think everything else fell where they were going to. On to Bahrain.

10. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Cordova, TN
    What a great race form Kimi!! So glad to see him back on the podium. It's been way too long. Seb had everything in hand too up until he busted his wing. Little to over zealous I think. Seemed like he was like that a good portion of the race. I'm not sure if it was due to the conditions of the track in regards to temp but he seemed a bit too eager.

Really nice to see McLaren getting closer to the top 10. Alonso was one position away from the points. So close.

Toro Rosso have got a lot of issues it seems. Their big brother team doesn't seem to be faring much better especially when Ricciardo's car went poof just before crossing the line. Talk about luck.

Mercedes did very well I think in dealing with their brake issues which they had all weekend. Bit Rosberg in the rear at the end but overall they held it together nicely. Now that the fly away races are over on to the European side of the season.

11. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    Fun race to watch. Kimi came so close!! Good race from Massa as well, not his fault the car didn't start. Amazing that that still happens.....The long delay at the start, with cars in position could have been a problem for all, but it wasn't. 3 weeks till Spain. Everyone will bring some new tidbits there, hopefully all will improve a bit. Mclaren needs to get BOTH cars figured out. For me its Indycars till then....

12. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Cordova, TN
    I tried I don't know how many times to watch IndyCar but the amount of cautions and their duration really puts me off.

13. mrro82

mrro82 Legend

Sep 11, 2012
    Cordova, TN
    Kinda more of the same in Spain. Different Mercedes won but a Mercedes nonetheless.

14. bnwrx

bnwrx Icon

Dec 29, 2007
    colorado,...
    Yea....I had hopes of a Vettel/Ferrari challenge there at the end, with the 2 stop strategy, but it sure didn't materialize. There was another funny Kimi moment on Friday practice, that was my highlight of the whole weekend......On to Monaco, nice sights but seldom exciting racing, remember its on NBC not NBCSports....