1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2018 NFL Sunday Ticket Pricing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by B. Shoe, Feb 19, 2018.

1. B. Shoe

B. Shoe Mentor

Apr 3, 2008
    Illinois
    DirecTV to raise prices for NFL Sunday Ticket in 2018

In the efforts of saving you clicks, the base package for 2018 will cost $293.94. The MAX package, which includes the Red Zone Channel and Fantasy Zone Channel, increases to $395.95.

Best of luck to everyone that will pursue discounts for the 2018 season. May the odds be ever in your favor.

2. schmave1

schmave1 Member

May 20, 2016
    Reynoldsburg...
    Absolute robbery.

3. glrush

glrush Cool Member/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 29, 2002
    Shellsburg, IA
    I had DirecTV turn off my auto-renew. If they offer me a discount, I will consider it but no way will I pay them 400 bucks for a diluted product.

Does DirecTV offer Red Zone as a stand alone option ?

4. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    I did same thing 2 years ago.....and this year when everyone was getting it for $99 nothing for me, and excuse was not to auto renew.....So good luck....

5. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    But it if you want it - or Don't - it's really one of the few choices you can still make on your own

6. glrush

glrush Cool Member/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 29, 2002
    Shellsburg, IA
    Yup....maybe in August I will be hopped up to try to get a deal but right now I think I'll pass. The number and quality of the games has gone down, and the price has gone up, not a winning combo in my view.

7. jw_rally

jw_rally Active Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Ohio
    Wow, that is a chunk of change. I got the Max package for $99.95 in 2017. Unless I can get a similar deal, no Sunday Ticket for me in 2018. I am losing some interest in the NFL and have no intention of paying anywhere near that price.

8. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Sunday Ticket has lost it's value when you look at all the Monday night, Thursday Night, games played in England, games on your local channels and Short Cuts no longer available on your TV. They should be reducing the price, not raising it.

9. Grafixguy

Grafixguy Godfather

Mar 15, 2008
    New Jersey
    I consider Sunday Ticket pricing the beginning of a negotiation. There is simply no way I'm paying full price.

DTV makes most of their ST money on commercial accounts. They pay a flat fee to the NFL for the rights and anything bring is in theirs. It's about the only thing I can think of that is not based on subscriber numbers.

10. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Same here. I've gotten NFL Sunday Ticket Max for $99.95 (four payments of $24.98) two years in a row. No way I'm paying full price when it's value has declined as I previously posted.

twaller likes this.
  11. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    It hasn't been offered as a stand-alone. Some people have been able to get it on a case-by-case basis, but those numbers seem to have gotten fewer over the years.

12. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Business truth:

It is hard to attract customers.
    It is easy to chase off customers.
    Is is extremely hard to bring back customers you have chased off.

I was turned off by the antics that occurred early in the 2017 season. What makes you think I want to support the No-Fun League?

AZ. likes this.
  13. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Not you specifically, but addiction to the sport and beer may influence the decision to keep watching.
    Is there an alternative that would attract the same audience?

14. kb301

kb301 Member

Mar 6, 2014
    I moved in December and as a part of the movers deal, I got 2018 ST Max for free. It's been about 5 years since I got it for free.

15. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    New customers and Movers deal typically get it free.

Catch is ST is on auto-renewal. If you do nothing before the first game, you're paying the full price for, in your case, the 2019 season.

You will get notices on your bill and NFL ST will show up for $0.00 around your July bill. Don't forget to cancel before the first game.(for 2019).

16. Khaetra

Khaetra Member

Aug 25, 2015
    Florida
    I think I'm going to try Sling during that time and get RedZone. I'd rather pay $120 for those four months than just under $300. Highway robbery is right!

17. stoutman

stoutman Godfather

Feb 8, 2003
    I am out after subscribing forever. I will not do the August CSR game this year! Too much content for free and must admit turned off by the political stuff and enjoy college more each year. They won't miss me.....

schmave1 likes this.
  18. schmave1

schmave1 Member

May 20, 2016
    Reynoldsburg...
    The political crap turns me off, but I still think an NFL game is an easier watch. College games stop and start way too much for my taste. I'll watch every Ohio State game because they're my team, but I have a tough time watching even a game of theirs that exceeds 3 1/2 hours in length and sometimes approaches four. NFL, you know you're in and out in three hours and sometimes less.

JACKIEGAGA likes this.
  19. stoutman

stoutman Godfather

Feb 8, 2003
    I still will watch NFL, but I am not paying for it anymore. Small token of displeasure....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. majikmarker

majikmarker AllStar

Feb 27, 2005
    Arlington, WA
    I'm done with ST this fall as well.

Been a subscriber, and one of the main reasons I went with DTV, for the past 15+ years but I cannot rationalize fewer and fewer ST games and yet the price endlessly goes up. That, and the fact that I'm sick of the quality of the game, replays that take forever, 'what the heck is a catch, and SJWing, I just don't have the same love for the game I once had.

Mauiguy likes this.