2021 Price Increase for new Sling TV customers

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by techguy88, Jan 27, 2021.

1. techguy88

techguy88 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    SLING TV expands free DVR storage, updates pricing for new customers
    • Base Cloud DVR storage increased to 50 hours, add-on is now 200 hours
    • Sling Orange now $35/mo
    • Sling Blue now $35/mo
    • Sling Orange + Blue now $50/mo
    • Existing customers part of the 1-Year Price Guarantee will not see an increase through July 2021
    Other increases:
    • Sports Extra w/ Sling Orange or Sling Blue increases by $1 to $11/mo. Sling Orange + Blue customers won't see a price increase (they currently pay $15/mo)
    • All Other Extras: Comedy Extra, Kids Extra, News Extra, Lifestyle Extra, Hollywood Extra and /or Heartland Extra increase by $1 to $6/mo/ea
    • Total TV Deal: Increase by $1 for Sling Orange or Sling Blue. Sling Orange + Blue customers will now pay $27/mo (an increase of $2/mo)

2. rnbmusicfan

rnbmusicfan Legend

Jul 19, 2005
    Glad they increased the cloud DVR.

Sling also plans to add WGN America, to be renamed NewsNation. It was announced it'd be added in early 2021 when Nexstar renegotiated with Dish. It was said that it'd go in an extra package, and with the channel conversion - likely in the News Extra package.

Given the price increases, I hope a few other channels are considered. Here are a few that come to mind:
    Animal Planet
    SONY Movie Channel and getTV (already carried on Dish Network, and on rival streaming fuboTV and vidgo). Hollywood Extra would be make sense at least for SONY.
    Bounce and Laff in Comedy Extra, and CourtTV in News Extra?. (A few of these are already carried on Dish Network, and sister channels from Katz to Grit, which was added recently.
    INSP HD (not on Dish)

In my opinion, feTV should be moved to Lifestyle Extra with Hallmark, but it'd thin out the Comedy Extra package until other programming is filled in there. I feel the channel is a little out of place with the ViacomCBS channels and even GSN, even though it could be said TV Land loosely caters to those that like classic tv programming.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021