1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

21 February 2005 Dish Technical Chat Discussion

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Chris Blount, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    The Dish technical chat is Monday, 21 Feb. Any ideas what they might talk about? I suspect we will hear about the 942. I also wonder if they will address name based recording on the 5XX series. :grin:

By the way, our chat room will be open during the tech chat so please join us.

2. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    I hope we will see something on the new receivers that DISH plans on introducung this year. I also would like to hear what DISH plans on doing with the uplink center and satellite that they are buying from CableVision.

I hope that they don't have any guest like they are having on every Charlie Chat. The guests take away a lot of time that, I feel, could be better used to answer customer questions (call-in and e-mail).

The whole direction that the Tech Forums and Charlie Chats are taking lately (less customer e-mail and call-in time) is starting to make the chats a waste of time for a lot of customers. They need to go back to a more "customer involved" format like they had a few years ago.

3. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    Chris, you may want to post the event time and time zone the event is being aired so newcomers can find it easier.

4. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    I just read that the Tech Chat has been postponed until the 21st so I've removed the announcement from the front page.

As we get closer to chat day, I will post the time and channel at the top of the forums.

5. Pepper

Pepper Legend

Mar 8, 2004
    What locals and foreign language channels have we added?
    New content for Dish Home!
    PPV previews!
    Technical queries from callers, such as "how do I sign up for Credit Card Autopay?"

6. nuts4scuba

nuts4scuba AllStar

Jan 11, 2003
    Advanced technical questions, such as selecting a program to record.

7. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    Ah, correct. I guess the few nerds at dish that have wives and girlfriends realized that it's valentines day :D

8. juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    But isnt the 21st presidents day ANOTHER holiday?? :D ;)

9. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    eh, you win some lose some :)

Well the Dish president won't be there so he still gets the day off ;)

10. Brian Rector

Brian Rector Legend

Mar 24, 2002
    This explains why my Dish EPG on my 522 had "Dish Network FYI" listed instead as of "Technical Chat". I even had the DVR set to record the show, but now I can just make the changes when the EPG is showing for the 21st.

11. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I wonder if they are delaying to get NBR up on the 510/50x series. :D
    Or is it so they have another week to figure out Rainbow1? :D

Better be careful, or this could be the "March" Tech Chat.

It used to be. But honoring two great presidents was dropped when they decided to honor someone else. :(

JL

12. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Or manually edit the date. :grin:

JL

13. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    They've cancelled the Tech Chat altogether before to another two or three months later (or delay they said) replacing it with a regular Consumer Chat for that month.

14. jrbdmb

jrbdmb Icon

Sep 5, 2002
    What are the compelling technical reasons that CSTV, YES Network, and Oxygen have not been added yet? :)

15. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    CSTV - it's not April 1st yet ;)

16. james39

james39 Legend

Dec 10, 2003
    Dish tech chat isn't this monday valentine's day? I thought they always did it the 2nd monday of every month. Don't dish employees get president's day off?? :confused:

17. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    Ah Darkman....Your sense of humor almost went unnoticed. April Fools Day is a perfect day for CSTV, you think? ;)

BTW you haven't change your avatar in a while. :D

18. tonyp56

tonyp56 Godfather

Apr 25, 2004
    The tech chat if it airs, will be basicly about,
    Dish is Number 1
    Our DVR receivers are the best
    We update your receivers via satellite
    we have some new Interactive channels,
    something about locals
    thanks!
    END:::

19. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    LOL

Too lazy for the "avatar game" lately... Also, finally working again :((((((( (even though, i guess, it's not such a bad news, and it's life :))))))

As to " CSTV - it's not April 1st yet ;) " - this particular time, i wasn't joking actually (even though, joke a lot, of course)
    This particular time i was directly replying to the post that was one above mine... this post:
    As the above question surely applied to "YES" (maybe) and "Oxygen" (for sure), the CSTV was clearly indicated to arrive April 1st ( and actually "NO later then April 1st" :) ) ... making it official, i would think....

When i DO joke about April 1st date ( which i, admit, i did on several occasions ;) ), i would use a bit different language...
    I would use something like "coming April's Fools Day" (instead of "coming April 1st") :D

20. James Long

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Some day I'll have to follow through on my CGI avatar idea. A different avatar every time from a pool?

But I do like my current one. Maybe some day I'll get to use that satellite. :D
    (And my old one is still on SatGuys ... the little racoon lurking in my yard.)

JL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.