1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

211K Guide Scrolling

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by dontech, Aug 30, 2011.

1. dontech

dontech AllStar

Jun 1, 2009
    I just got a brand new 211k and I notice a difference from my older 211k. When I hold down the arrows to scroll the guide on the new receiver -- either right or down it only scrolls a bit and stops. In order to continue to scroll, I have to release the button and start again. With my older 211K, I can hold the button down and it keeps moving until it hits the end. Is this a bug ? Both receivers are running the same software version . I have tried unplug, reset, etc. Also notice that the scroll speed is slower than my 722k ( probably slower processor) Looking for suggestions.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Different remote ?

3. RBenson

RBenson AllStar

Jan 24, 2003
    I have tried two other remotes, a 5.3 and a 6.4, and the all acted the same. Evidently something to do with the receiver. Do you have the DVR function activated? I can't remember if it acted this way before activating.

4. Larry Allen

Larry Allen New Member

Jun 2, 2005
    I have the same problem with my 211K! Can be quite aggravating at times!

5. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    The 211k should have a 20.0 remote. When you first setup the new 211k, did you readdress the remote to the receiver? If not, you could try that to see if it respond differently. Here is the instructions on how to readdress the remote to the receiver:

Remote: All Other Remotes
    Go to System Info screen. Remote address is displayed on this screen.
    Hold down the SAT button until all mode lights light up.
    Enter a number between 1 and 15 (different from current number) using the numeric keypad on the remote.
    Press the pound (#) button.
    Once the SAT button blinks three times, press record.
    Note: If successful, the number selected in step 3 will appear in the System Info screen under Remote Address.

6. dontech

dontech AllStar

Jun 1, 2009
    Setting the remote address did not help. I did find that even if I use the I have from the old 211K receiver on the new receiver the same problem exists. Using the front panel to scroll up and down by holding the button down does work. I may have created a new issue. In order to try to fix the problem, I reset factory defaults. I even reset the receiver. Now I am having a problem on the RF feed only with the size of the image -- everything is zoomed on HD where it was letterboxed before and I can't adjust it. HDMI is still fine.

7. dontech

dontech AllStar

Jun 1, 2009
    Looks like the reset messed up my zoom setting and I was able to restore them back to normal -- still have the problem with the scrolling not being continuous while holding the button down

8. RBenson

RBenson AllStar

Jan 24, 2003
    My 211K came with a 5.4 remote.

9. RBenson

RBenson AllStar

Jan 24, 2003
    I reset from address 1 to address 5 with no difference. Also tried a 21.0 remote with no success. It definitely is something with the receivers.

10. dontech

dontech AllStar

Jun 1, 2009
    agreed -- tried different types of remotes as well

11. Ray C@DISH Network

Dec 28, 2010
    If you press the * (format) button on the bottom left of the remote to change the format for the receiver/TV. Just cycle through till you find the correct format for your TV. The 5.4 remote is probably for the 211 receiver. What is the software version the receiver has? Please let me know. Thanks.

12. dontech

dontech AllStar

Jun 1, 2009
    Ray -- L499 Sounds like a software or firmware issue to me where there are a few folks who see this issue

13. RBenson

RBenson AllStar

Jan 24, 2003
    It's been this way ever since I have had my receiver. Probably close to a year and several software updates. Have L499 now. And this remote (5.4) came in the box with my 211K.

14. RBenson

RBenson AllStar

Jan 24, 2003
    I don't think you understand the problem. When you press the program guide button then the right browse button to scan through the guide, it stops at the end of the first page instead of continuing to scan until you release the button. When you do this with my 622 it will keep scanning until you reach the last day on your guide.

15. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    This k is not like the others (see OTA module confusion). When introduced the 20.0/21.0 came only with the 222k and 722k; if that's been expanded I missed hearing about it. The TechPortal seems to have gone away, but http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/product_brochures/211_brochure.pdf shows a 5.x remote for both the 211 and 211k.

16. dontech

dontech AllStar

Jun 1, 2009
    my 211k came with the 20.0 IR remote

17. Ray C@DISH Network

Dec 28, 2010
    BobaBird,

Where originally the 20.0/21.0 came with the K series receivers, we are now replacing some remotes (when broken) with the 21.0 (VIP receivers, except 922). 20.0 is still used with the 211/211k/411 for replacements.

18. Ray C@DISH Network

Dec 28, 2010
    dontech,

The L4.99 software is the current version. Would you PM your receiver and smart card number to me so I can submit a trouble report to our engineer for a resolution to this problem. Thanks.

19. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    Thanks Ray. Another question on this tanget, with apologies to the OP. Are any of the other receivers getting the 20.0 going to be able to use the system backup feature?

20. Ray C@DISH Network

Dec 28, 2010
    BobaBird,

The VIP receiver remotes are replaced with the 21.0 remote but the backup feature is exclusive to the 722k with the 20.0 and 21.0 remotes and the 922 with the 32.0 remote. None of the other receiver, which can use the 21.0 remote, have that capability. Thanks.