3.0.037 iPhone GenieGo ipa needed

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by nomadforum, Oct 14, 2015.

1. nomadforum

nomadforum New Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Hello all,

I have an old iPad1, and I have successfully used the iPhone GenieGo version for years. Recently, I decided to try to upgrade to the GenieGo2, but I found it to be less stable in my system than the original one. I reverted back to the original GenieGo, but I had to reinstall the GenieGo software and because I have an older version of the iPad, I can't reinstall the latest iPhone GenieGo version.

I have checked all of my backups, but I can't find GenieGo version 3.0.037 (created 9/14/13 and not updated until 8/26/14). With that ipa file, I can reinstall it on my iPad. Without it, I can't. I tried Directv, but they say they can't find it. Does anyone have an archived ipa file with version 3.0.037?

2. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Have you tried downloading it directly from the app store on the iPad?

Go to the app store on the iPad, go to the purchased apps tab, and then search for the Genie Go app. Once you find it click on the download button, it should pop up with a warning about the app not working on your device/IOS and give you the option to download the last version compatible with your IOS.

I have had to do this numerous times on many apps for my parents first gen iPads. It works like 90% of the time. Every now and then you run into an app where the last version they think works with a specific IOS doesn't work and has issues, when that happens you are pretty much SOL.

3. nomadforum

nomadforum New Member

Oct 14, 2015
    I did try that. Unfortunately, it doesn't give me the option of downloading the last compatible version.

4. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Just to make sure, you have to do this in the app store on the iPad, you can't do this in iTunes on the computer. Also you can't just search the main app store page/tab, you have to go into the purchased tab in the app.

If that is really what you are doing then sorry, I can't help any more than that.

5. nomadforum

nomadforum New Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Thanks. I just tried that, but I got a similar error message ("The application requires iOS 6.0 or later"). I'm just hoping someone has a backup copy of that 3.0.037 app that they can email me or post for download somewhere. That seems to be the only way to make it work.

6. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was ya naked perminantly by dtv and in surprised itd even work no matter what today.

7. nomadforum

nomadforum New Member

Oct 14, 2015
    It was yanked from iTunes, and DirecTV support says they can't find it (although they're looking for me). But if I can get a copy, it will work again, since it worked as late as yesterday.

8. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    It just does not work that way. If the developer upgrades the SAME app and specifies a target OS, it wont download if the app finds an OLDER OS than what it is targeting. Some DEVs do multiple built of apps, leaving the older ones (targeting outdated OS) still online while making new ones with the updated features but with the requirement of the new target OS. Most DEVs however keep updating the same built and are required by apple to target the current OS to take advantage of the newer APIs. This is where DIRECTV falls in.

9. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    I don't know all of that, or claim to, but I do know that what I posted works for many apps. I just did it a few weeks ago on my parents old 1st Gen iPads to get facebook, and some kids apps back on it after I wiped them and set them up for my nieces (upgraded my parents to two refurbished iPad Air 2).

The vast majority of the apps I was able to redownload to the 1st Gen iPads using the steps I described. There were a few apps that downloaded old versions, but those old versions must not have been stable or something because they would crash immediately when you started them. I think there was maybe 1 or 2 that I wasn't able to download at all, like the OP is finding here.