1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3 free months of STARZ and HD PLATINUM when you use Auto-Pay.

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by quietmouse, Nov 12, 2010.

1. quietmouse

quietmouse Guest

I got a call heute from Dish Network. The rep offered me 3 free months of
    STARZ and HD Platinum for using auto-pay.(beening using auto-pay for
    over a year) Apparently those who are not on auto-pay can get in on this
    deal as well. :) Of course, I don't know if this is a YMMV thing.

The channels were activated after I hung up the phone.

Not a bad deal for doing absolutely nothing... :) (except 60 seconds
    on the phone with the agent with a cute voice)

2. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Do they auto-cancel after three months?

3. CoolGui

CoolGui Icon

Feb 8, 2006
    They never do that do they? The whole point is they want you to keep it. I have seen other threads where people have said they've gotten them to auto-cancel it, but I am skeptical.

4. Wilf

Wilf Legend

Oct 15, 2008
    My wife has had nothing but problems with trying to cancel magazine subscriptions that used autopay. If Dish were to insist on autopay, that would be a deal breaker for me.

5. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Yes.

6. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg Active Member

Aug 30, 2004
    +1

(Sometimes yes, sometimes no. :) )

7. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    This is a really great Forum. I would not have known about this. Did an online chat that went as follows:
    Yes, I did not get the free Platinum, but I didn't expect them to give me anything as I just canceled Starz in July and I just got three free months of HBO & Showtime starting last January when I read about someone getting it here.

I had canceled Starz when after the new rates went into effect in June, our bill went over the limit I set. So now I can catch up with recording whatever movies we missed.

Yes, indeed, a great Forum.:D

8. GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    I really like how Dish allows you to save off and even have your chat session emailed to you. Any confusion at all, over anything, you simply point it out that you have your chat sessions saved off, and can refer back to it. Problem solved for people like my parents or for phrelin. Hey I was told it was removed at the end of 3 months, if for some reason they try to charge you in the 4th month, you simply point it out you have proof.
    Last time I did one of these promo's was for HBO, and that promo ended at the end of 3months with no work on my part. Granted I was very clear that I wanted it to be removed at the end, and would call back in if I wanted to keep it.

Wish more companies would allow you to save off, or have your chat emailed to you.