3 Free Preview Weekends in November

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by van_gogh, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. van_gogh

van_gogh Mentor

Apr 8, 2004
    The November calendar on my bill insert reads:

Nov. 3, "Only 2 more days until the SHOWTIME UNLIMITED FREE* Preview Weekend!"
    "* Available to customers with TOTAL CHOICE programming or above."

Nov. 12, "TOTAL CHOICE PLUS FREE Preview Weekend Begins Today!"

Nov. 26, "SPORTS Pack FREE Preview Begins Today!"

Time to fire up the TiVo again!

2. crest

crest Guest

Concerning "Free preview weekends", all you guys should just susbcribe to all the premiums, instead of waiting to "fire up the Tivo". I don't have a Tivo, (I'm sure it's awesome, though), but I originally subscribed to all the premiums. Then I dropped them on the DTV website. Boy, was that a mistake! I felt like killing myself in the backyard with a rope without them. I was missing all the great movies and all the magic of HBO, STARZ, SHOWTIME and CINEMAX. I'm addicted. Can not live without them. Having all four just makes the day brighter. Think of it like this: buy DVD's? Buy three and you're almost up to the price of all 4 movie packs each month. Order 10 pay-per-views and that's equivalent to the price of all 4. Take a family of four out to the theater for just TWO movies and you're past the price of the greatest monthly movie value. Not to mention you get TONS of movie choices per month. Needless to say, I added them back (without a fee, thanx Directv!). Life is so good again!

3. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    Slight problem...

If I want to see a movie in it's original aspect ratio, then I have a better chance of seeing it on the DVD release. The premium movie channels show the movies chopped in order to fit your television screen. While some movies were shot in "Open Matte", many were not. See www.widescreen.org .

4. crest

crest Guest

I agree, Mark. I prefer the movies in letterbox format as well. Anyone who has DVD's with two sides in which one side is letterbox and the other 4:3, sample both sides and you'll see so much more of the picture in letterbox. Still, just can't resist seeing the latest releases on the premiums, even though 4:3. Movies still pack a punch on the small screen and the general gist of the film comes across. If you simply must have the original aspect ratio, go with Netflix. The premiums are fine with me.

5. DS0816

DS0816 Guest

Mar 29, 2002
    Is this advertising?

This is a forum, crest, in which people will say, Man, I'm not going to spend $90 per month on channels I don't have enough time to watch.

Glad your life is good again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.