3-year price lock about to expire

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by dstorm, Jan 22, 2019.

1. dstorm

dstorm AllStar

Mar 25, 2008
    I've been with Dish for 3-years now, my 3-year price lock is about to expire. I'm happy with my equipment, my channel line-up, etc.

I'm not interested in cutting the cord, happy to pay a bit more for satellite, just just don't want to pay a price increase over my current deal. Would rather not switch - anybody have any experience with price increases and Dish customer service? What should I expect? Thanks.

2. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    I called and asked if they could help in reducing my bill as my 2 year contract was running out. They did cut my bill for the next year and I am very happy with that. You might call and see what they can do for you. I have always had good luck with the CSR's at Dish. I have been with Dish going on 20 years now and generally have been happy. The disputes bug me but with all satellite & cable companies there are the disputes as it seems many programmers want big price hikes. That is the world today. Dish does a good job for me and always have. (No, I do not work for Dish.) :)

dstorm likes this.
  3. dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    Call or chat and ask them if you are eligible for the existing customer promotion. I did it in October and My new discount is a a $12.00 reduction on my main package with an additional $5.00 credit for having ebill and autopay active on my account. (This would require a new 24-month commitment; however, during this entire length you will be locked at this price.)
    So i will save 17.00 per month for 24 months. plus however much the prices go up in 2019 and 2020.

4. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Welcome to the Future :)

5. neilo

neilo AllStar

Aug 7, 2006
    Maryland
    I received a survey from Dish and mentioned the current high price. I just received an email
    "Your account qualifies for the Preferred Customer Offer, letting you receive today's new customer programming price and "TV 2-Year Price Guarantee" which could save you up to $22.00 a month on the service you have now!"

I guess I'll investigate that.

dennispap likes this.
  6. dstorm

dstorm AllStar

Mar 25, 2008
    I may end up going with something like that - I'm a bit hesitant on the 2-year lock - I'm just waiting for the next shoe to drop on which channels we may lose next. TBS/TNT I would think is very likely since it's owned by AT&T.

I wish there was a source that showed when the current carriage deals expired. I need to make my decision in the next week or so.

7. neilo

neilo AllStar

Aug 7, 2006
    Maryland
    Finally got in touch with the person and I should be saving $22/month for the next two years. As I have no plans on switching it seems like a good deal to me.

8. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Ask, and you will receive. I have a local friend who asked me and they called and got a deal for a year. Dish tries to help and they want to try and keep their customers. I have been with Dish now for 20 years and they have always have come through for me.

9. dstorm

dstorm AllStar

Mar 25, 2008
    Thanks for the advice I ended up extending 1-year with savings I'm happy with. Sticking around for the time being and happy with Dish.