1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

30 Skip on R15s?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Lord Vader, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    One of my trusted, old HDVR2 DirecTIVOs finally kicked the bucket, so DirecTV sent me a free replacement, an R15, to take its place. Yuck.

OK, the fact that I hate this model aside, how does one activate 30 skip? I thought it's by entering "30SKIP" in the search function, but that isn't working.

BTW, did I mention that I really hate this crappy model #?

2. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    To activate 30skip on a R15 is trade it in on a R22 or HR2X and then do a keyword search for 30skip. Sorry, the R15/R16 don't do 30skip/slip AFAIK.

3. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Well, THAT doesn't help my dilemma!

4. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    "30 skip" on an R15 doesn't look like it's EVER going to happen. But I've become pretty good at using forward advance speed 3 at zooming over commercials!! Practice some yourself and you'll get the hang of it.

Remember, even the HD DVR's and R22's come with "30 slip" enabled and probably 90% of DirecTV customers have no idea that "skip" can be enabled.

This is probably so that new "RULES" don't come out (like the one where you can only watch a PPV movie on your DVR for 24 hours) FORCING you to watch the commercials. I'm still surprised that there hasn't been some sort of legislation banning skipping commercials with a DVR...

5. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I have 30 skip and still get a good dose of commercials. No rules are needed, we are always going to see some of them.