349 OFFER Channel

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by bnborg, Nov 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Nov 4, 2011 #1 of 14
    bnborg

bnborg Icon

Jun 3, 2005
    Does anyone know what this is all about? :confused:

Info says to call 800-333-3474 for an exclusive offer to experience other premium channels at no extra cost.

I was just wondering if anyone has called and found out, or if anyone had other information about it. :)

2. Nov 4, 2011 #2 of 14
    sliderbob

sliderbob Legend

Aug 9, 2007
    Ch. 349 is not available on my dvr.

3. Nov 4, 2011 #3 of 14
    albert71292

albert71292 Mentor

Aug 19, 2005
    I saw that, but haven't called the number. Came here to see if anyone else had any info. Suspecting there's probably a "catch" involved somehow however.

4. Nov 4, 2011 #4 of 14
    dennispap

dennispap Icon

Feb 1, 2007
    It is to trade out the remaining 3 months of the free starz promo with 3 months of hbo and cinemax.

We hope you have been enjoying your 30th Anniversary Starz programming. This offer is scheduled to continue through 1/31/12, at which time it will be removed from your account.
    If you would like to trade-in the remainder of this programming offer for 3 months of free HBO/Cinemax, you can do so by agreeing to the terms and conditions below. If you do not want to trade-in your offer, no further action is required.
    HBO/Cinemax includes access to HBO GO and MAX GO which allow you to watch content online or on your mobile device.
    For more details, visit hbogo.com and maxgo.com.
    Terms & Conditions
    Your 30th Anniversary Starz programming will be removed from your account immediately
    At the end of your offer period,you will be charged the then-current monthly price for HBO/Cinemax unless you have previously elected not to continue at dish.com/myoffers
    This trade-in offer is not reversible
    This trade-in offer must be accepted by 11/30/2011

5. Nov 4, 2011 #5 of 14
    finniganps

finniganps Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    If you already have HBO they'll trade Starz for Cinemax (insteead of HBO/Sho).

6. Nov 4, 2011 #6 of 14
    bnborg

bnborg Icon

Jun 3, 2005
    Thanks, all.

So we can wait two weeks, but not much longer.

7. Nov 4, 2011 #7 of 14
    SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    The catch.

The current promo ends when it ends. The trade-out offer lets them go into your pocket after it ends.

8. Nov 4, 2011 #8 of 14
    MaryB@DishNetwork

MaryB@DishNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 18, 2011
    The Opt-Out/Opt-In options are available on every online account and it can be changed at any time. It is very easy to switch it.

9. Nov 4, 2011 #9 of 14
    ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    Hell yeah I'm switching!!! Bill Maher over all the Starz crap!

10. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    Just call in to remove it or switch it to roll off online, its not really a catch when the CSR can tell you the exact date to call in and remove it.
    Or alternatively you can just switch it yourself to roll off by itself :p

11. brucegrr

brucegrr Icon

Sep 14, 2006
    Ney, Ohio
    I cancelled HBO before taking Dish up on the switch offer so I was able to get the HBO/Cinemax offer instead of just Cinemax. Saved me three months of HBO charges.

12. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Not the point.

The previous promo would end without action by the customer and would not incur charges.

The new promo requires the customer to act to avoid charges.

No promo should EVER convert from free to paid without confirmation from the customer prior to charges being levied.

13. VDP07

VDP07 Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    I'd say that by accepting the terms of the offer prior to receiving it, the customer has confirmed that he accepts the terms.

14. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    The starz doesnt require that because of the exact reason you stated, we put it without permission on accounts and it would be quite the low blow if Dish expected you to remember to remove a promotion a year later that you didnt ask for.

On the other hand for the HBO/Cinemax, customers are calling in and hearing the disclosure. They are accepting to remove it, they say yes then at that point its up to them to just put a X on a calendar or go online and set it up themselves to drop off.

Its not exactly difficult to do something yourself for a change.