1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

351s - started testing for new S/W again...

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Darkman, Jul 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
  2. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    I never know of a 351 to exist. Is this a typo or a special receiver only for special people? Or perhaps a commercial receiver.

3. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    Yup it exists. To my understanding it is a commercial MDU QAM only receiver.

4. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    Hmm. I don't see P2.92 on the software page. It is still showing P2.91.

5. Darkman

Apr 16, 2002
    haha - they pulled it.....

It was SURELY there earlier today.. - but they re-spooled the previous one....
    Thanks for pointing this out chaddux!

The official / "wide-spread" version for 351s is still P2.91 for now.....

6. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    Come on. Just admit it: you were drinking and just THOUGHT you saw a 2. ;)

7. RandallA

RandallA Legend

Feb 4, 2005
  8. Darkman

Apr 16, 2002
    OK.. now that we established that.. - Let's move on (chaddux) .. Let's stop messing up those threads.... ;)

9. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
  10. Evil Capserian

Evil Capserian Godfather

Jul 27, 2003

Chaddux don't argue with Darkman, its not healthy for you. :D Darkman knows more about this than all the posters here put together. He has been in this business for a very very very long time and he knows all the bells and whistles. So if he says something, I take it stone cold truth.

11. Jason Nipp

Jason Nipp Analog Geek in a Digital World Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern...
    Chad, In DM's defense it was posted on the Dish Network software rev page yesterday morning, the toward afternoon it vanished from the software page, Typo? I see it has returned again today. I think the blurb on the portal statement was made just to say that 2.92 was mentioned.

12. chaddux

chaddux Banned User

Oct 10, 2004
    He's said in the past that all he does is look at the software page and that's not really complicated so I don't think he knows more than the rest of us. Besides, I wasn't arguing. I was just posting that I still saw "P2.91."

And I don't think you, of all people, should be giving advice to anyone since all you do is complain that DISH Network won't let you cheat the system.

13. Evil Capserian

Evil Capserian Godfather

Jul 27, 2003

I get paid to complain. :D :D :D

14. Darkman

Apr 16, 2002
    Yup.. it's back there at Dish's s/w page.. and it's backdated yesturday date:

351 P2.92, 7/26/2005 (not a "wide-spread" one.. - "wide-spread" one is still P2.91 for now) ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.