1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 (San Francisco) stations drop analog signal

Discussion in 'Local Reception' started by Mark Holtz, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    From SF Gate:

4 Bay Area stations drop analog signal
    FULL ARTICLE HERE

2. boylehome

boylehome Hall Of Fame/Supporter

Jul 16, 2004
    I think that SF is pretty opulent. The TV stations there are probably passing out free DTV converters!

3. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    All independent stations.

4. elaclair

elaclair Rescued Racers Live Here

Jun 18, 2004
    Del Mar, CA
    Been away from the Bay Area for a while....are any of those stations still owned by James Gabbert? I remember he always tried to stay "cutting edge" with his stations.....

5. redfiver

redfiver DBSTalk Club Member

Nov 18, 2006
    those are all independent stations that get very low ratings. I'm sure they don't have the cash to hand out free DTV converters. And, because of the geography, there are many people who can't get OTA signal anyway. I can get all of these stations OTA, but they aren't in HD via OTA, so I always picked them up from DirecTV anyway.

6. sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork Icon

Aug 21, 2008
    Jim Gabert has sold his "TV20" station, the current owner I think is Granite Broadcasting. They were doing ok until the demise of The CW, they just recently went back to "Your TV20" and bringing back the famous dogs in their ads. KGO is producing a 9pm newcast and placing it on TV20. Jim Gabert use to show up every once in a while on KGO radio as a guest host but I haven't heard him in a while.