4K Equipment

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by wregister80, Jul 28, 2019.

1. wregister80

wregister80 New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    So, I had a hard time getting someone to get me the equipment that I wanted at the correct price. I am suppose to get installed Tuesday.

I noticed in my account today they had the wrong equipment. The account says Genie 2 and seven wireless minis. I wanted Genie 2, 2 4K and 5 wireless minis. Is there a number I can call to try and get it sorted out or would they screw it up and possibly screw up my install appointment? Should I just not worry about it and ask the installer for the 4K receivers or can they only give me what is on the order?

Thanks

2. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    I'd call and get it fixed. So maybe your install will slip, but then again maybe your installer won't have two C61K's with them and would have to reschedule anyway.

3. wregister80

wregister80 New Member

Jun 30, 2010
    Looks like DirecTV is not in my foreseeable future. I called and they go up on the upfront costs when they add the C61Ks. For some reason the system is charging me full price for them I guess. My Equipment cost is almost $350. That is to high for me for equipment I do not own. Thanks for everyone's help with this but no DirecTV for me.

4. Tritron

Tritron Member

Dec 7, 2019
    You can always get Gene 4K on ebay

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    You're telling ambiguous thing in public forum :( somebody must decipher it :(
    There are three 4k/UHD devices by DTV: HR54, HS17 and C61K !

6. Tritron

Tritron Member

Dec 7, 2019
    Good point I assumed everyone knows they need HR54 and C61K or H17 and C61K

7. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    and you can't get them on ebay because Directv won't activate them.

8. Tritron

Tritron Member

Dec 7, 2019
    Well it depends on his luck persistence

9. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    No It doesnt

10. eletric chicken

eletric chicken Member

Dec 28, 2019
    i was told i could send one of my min's back if i wanted to. but the rep told me if i wanted to add that room back that i wouldn't be free. i am glad i kept the 3rd mini!!! is it worth it to get the 4k service for me right now no there's only one fulltime 4k channel wich is mostly crap!!! and if you want to spend 10-11 bucks to watch 4k PPV'S and they do broadcast sporting events in 4k just how much i dunno being a new customero_O. the only reason i took the offer is it was free glad i did but i would not pay for it at this point in time...

oh BTW do you even have service now with DTV??? the reason i ask is because the rep from DTV told me that if i wanted all the freebies and goodies that i would have to wait 2-3 years not being a custome period. though i'm sure that's different if you know how to pull teeth with the reps:D:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  11. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    indeed

12. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    And yet people have posted on our forum that they got "new customer" offers almost immediately after cancelling. "Don't come back for 2-3 years" is not accurate.

eletric chicken likes this.
  13. eletric chicken

eletric chicken Member

Dec 28, 2019
    just goes to show never belive the reps!!!

14. J.C

J.C New Member

May 14, 2017
    I would recommend going down to an AT&T store. They'll cancel your existing account and create a new account for you on the spot.