5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by Mark Holtz, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    I'm not sure if this belongs in the gaming forum or the humor forum. From Cracked.com:

5 Ways to Tell You're Getting Too Old for Video Games
    FULL ARTICLE HERE

2. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    I guess I should sell my PS3.

3. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    I have never seen the attraction. I guess I've been too old since they came out. My Dad bought one of the original game consoles when I was a teenager. I played Pong on it for a little while, then got bored.

4. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Pong, Breakout and Tretris.

5. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    Games have come a long ways from the days of Pong, Space Invaders, and Pac-Man. Nowadays, the games have stories, a beginning, and a end. Although the fighter games got very boring.

6. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    I bought two Pongs the year they came out. They cost me $1,200 each but I didn't make a profit off them. I also bought a Magnavox Odyssey, and I was actually pre- nterviewed by one of the Sanders Associates lawyers to see if I might be useful to them as an "expert" witness in their patent/copyright lawsuits against Atari and Midway. I convinced them that I probably could not help them and they never contacted me again.

I did manage to get in on the ground floor with Space Invader. I was attending a commercial game operator service seminar when they had set up a prototype model and I was so intrigued by the sound that I bought it on the spot. Dum-dum-dum-dum, Dum-dum-dum-dum...

Newsweek magazine ran a major story on video games back around 1980. In it they said that you are either a "Defender" player or a "PacMan" player. I was a PacMan player. I think the last coin-operated video game I ever played was Arkanoid, which was basically just a color version of the old Breakout game.

7. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
    Thank you Mark,I like your site buddy!!!

I love games!!!!! (80s arcade mostly)

8. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Enjoyed the article. I'm still a bit of a gamer at 72 but mostly of side-scrollers (called 'platformers' these days). Probably because my fingers and mind won't move fast enough for the games that use all those blasted buttons and controls! Somewhere in my house is my Big Stick Atari controller with one stick and one button. Who the heck needs more? :)

I've got a PS3, PS4, Xbox1 and WiiU and tend to play the WiiU more often than the others. Sub to PSPlus and Xbox Live Gold because those 'free' games I get from them each month are more than enough to keep me happy and gaming!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk