501 modem died...should I care?

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by Infe, Apr 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infe

Infe New Member

Jun 26, 2004
    A dumb power surge killed one of our phones and the modem on the 501 :mad: :mad:

I do order the occasional PPV, can I just order them online? I wasn't sure if the receiver still tried to dial in to reconcile your purchases even if you order it online, or what. I actually have the insurance and could get my 501 swapped out I'm sure, but it's such a pain in the butt to lose all my shows or spend all the time at once to watch them. Is the phone line needed for anything else? If it doesn't matter, I'll just leave it and order my PPV's online. Thanks!

2. AllieVi

AllieVi Hall Of Fame

Apr 10, 2002
    The phone line isn't needed. I've never connected any of mine in the years that I've been a DISH customer.

You can order PPV's on line or by phone, but the last I knew there was a $1 surcharge for that service. A side benefit of ordering this way is that the PPV is available to all receivers on your account, not just the one that placed the order. You can, of course, place the same order from several receivers to get the same result and only be charged one fee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.