522 audio issues

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by pagan696, Feb 17, 2010.

1. pagan696

pagan696 New Member

Dec 10, 2008
    i have a beloved 522 that is having audio troubles. it seems on some prime time network shows, i am getting alot of popping and distortion sounds. the audio settings are quite limited on this reciever. i first really noticed it on the Super Bowl (local CBS WBTV-3 via Dish Network) and then again this afternoon on a replay of last nights Lost (local ABC WSOC-9 via Dish Net). Is there a new decoding for dolby/5.1/7.1 that either the network uplink or Dish down is causing this? i have not noticed it on any other recent shows, either in prime time, "network" programming, or "cable" programming. it is not on commercials of those programs (leading me to believe it may be signal issue). not sure if i need to look into a new Dish Net tuner or if it's something Dish has any control over. I have replayed the offending DVR records with analog inputs to A/V and using the digital inputs, with no difference, same "pops".

has anyone else had any similar issues?