1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

522 Dish'n It Up Upgrades!

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by MHenigan, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MHenigan

MHenigan New Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Here is a letter i got in response to a question I posted for Charlie Chat Q/A...

Dear Mr. Henigan,

Thank you for your email. We have good news for you! Next month we will introduce the 522 receiver- available exclusively through our DISH'n It Up promotion for a low equipment upgrade fee. The DISH'n it Up promotion is available to most customers who have been with us for at least 1 year. You can log in to www.dishnetwork.com/myaccount <http://www.dishnetwork.com/myaccount> for updates on equipment upgrade offers available to you!

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com <http://www.dishnetwork.com> or reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Natalie R.

DISH Network eCare

2. Cyclone

Cyclone Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 1, 2002
    Interesting.

3. jblight

jblight Cool Member

Mar 31, 2002
    "low equipment upgrade fee", eh? Is that in addition to the DVR fee?

4. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    Hey, while I'm not with Dish anymore, that sounds pretty nice--maybe they're learning to treat the current customers better?

5. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    I am thinking that it will be $50 or $100 if you went the lease route.

6. Bob Haller

Bob Haller Banned User

Mar 24, 2002
    well 522s were available on e bay for well under $200. A 100 fee plus $5 a month rent plus $5 DVR. $10 a month will be very profitable for E.....

7. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    The good thing about leasing them is that its their problem if something goes wrong with it, the warranty does not run out on it.

8. garypen

garypen Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 1, 2004
    It does come with a 1 year warranty if you buy it.

9. Randy_B

Randy_B Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    But if I trade in the 510 I got for $99 for the 522 for $50, then my bill doesn't change at all (unless there is a lease in addition to the add'l receiver and DVR fees) and I get a 2nd two tuner box (I have a 721). I like that. Maybe. Devil is in the details.

10. Chris Freeland

Chris Freeland Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    If the 522 is your only receiver, the $5/mo rental fee also includes your locals for no charge and you can have independent channel selection on 2 TV's. If the 522 is an additional receiver then the $5/mo rental fee replaces the $4.99/mo mirror fee, still a wash, the only extra monthly fee that E* gets is the $4.98 DVOD fee which is the same as the 510.

11. 1A12

1A12 Registered User

Jun 23, 2004
    I have two 510's and AEP+locals. Am I understanding you correctly? If I replace one of my leased 510's with a 522 my monthly bill will not change ? If so good deal.

12. Randy_B

Apr 23, 2002
    Really a pretty good deal for you. With the AEP, you don't get the DVR fee either. Your bill will not change at all + you get another tuner.

13. Randy_B

Apr 23, 2002
    If you get the 522 on the lease, which includes locals, and you have been subscribing to locals prior to getting the 522, do you get the price of the locals taken OFF your bill once you start paying the lease fee?

14. 1A12

1A12 Registered User

Jun 23, 2004
    Somehow I don't think I'm going to be that lucky. Anyway my bill goes up 4 dollars Feb.1st. If that was the case my bill would go down 1 dollar after it was all said and done. Heck I get a reduced bill and a extra tuner. Don't think that would happen. I'll just be happy with the 522 and my bill staying the same.

15. srrobinson2

srrobinson2 Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 16, 2003
    Does anyone know when the promotion will start? The web site has some details, but the enroll online button does not work yet.

16. Mike Richardson

Mike Richardson Banned User

Jun 12, 2003
    I have DHP, when this is available I plan to take out two leased 301s and replace with a 522. Since I have AEP, I will ultimately save $5 off the bill and this will cancel out the AEP price hike! I'll move the 501 to a bedroom so my grandmother will have the only 301 in the house (she doesn't need PVR she cant even use Guide).

This is great too because one bedroom's TV is rarely used so I will send the 522 TV2 to that room and have recordings default to that TV.

17. Randy_B

Apr 23, 2002
    Tues, Feb 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.