1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

522 TV1 UHF remote help?

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by dkg228, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkg228

dkg228 New Member

Mar 22, 2006
    o.k I recently bought a UHF remote to use at the TV1 location so I could put
    the receiver behind a cabinet. I went in an enabled for UHF and changed the
    address for remote 1 to 6. The remote works fine as an IR remote but the UHF
    function does not work. If I close the cabinet or go to another room the remote
    does not function. What am I doing wrong? The UHF remote for TV2 works great.

2. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    What model UHF remote did you buy? The one that comes with the 522 is a model 6.0 and older remotes that are not Pro models will not work.

It could be that the remote that you purchased just doesn't work on UHF. A few years ago I had one that just stopped working on UHF (still worked fine on IR).

3. dkg228

dkg228 New Member

Mar 22, 2006

It's 6.0. I moved the one I bought to TV2 and it works fine. Then moved the TV2
    remote over to TV1. It worked UHF fine before I moved it. I don't think it is the remote, just something I am doing wrong setting it up.

4. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    It could be that you don't have the remote set up to the address that you think that you do. Look at the 522's info screen and see what address it shows for the UHF remote. Then press and hold down the sat button on your UHF remote until all the device lights come on and go off and the sat device continues to flash. Then press the # button on the remote twice. Count the blinks and that is what remote address that the remote is set for. If it does not agree with what your information screen shows you need to change it.

5. dkg228

dkg228 New Member

Mar 22, 2006
    I fixed it. Works great now.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.