1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5th tech visit in 2 months?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by puffnstuff, Nov 24, 2012.

1. puffnstuff

puffnstuff Icon

Sep 2, 2006
    Monday will be the 5th tech visit for a 771a issue. They have switched out my swm 16 for a new one, ran a new line to the offending reciever (only happening on 1 of 5) and replaced the swm power. Anything else I should look for? Also this being the 5th time I've taken off work, it seems like I should at least get a 34 out of the deal. Any thoughts on how to do that?

2. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    i feel your pain, i had a different issue and it's took 30 boxs, (no joking) 5 tech + supervisor = 2 years to find out my problem and i got nothing it, and i wanted nothing but my direcTV fix right!

3. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Did you try switching the receiver for one that is not having a problem.

4. puffnstuff

puffnstuff Icon

Sep 2, 2006
    Yes when this all started. Gonna try again now.

5. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Was it the location or receiver?

6. puffnstuff

puffnstuff Icon

Sep 2, 2006
    Just went to get another box and now that one has a 771b error? Switched anyway and now one has 771a and the other 771b. They just switched the swm 16 this afternoon, guess somethings not right. Don't understand how its fine when they leave but an hour or two later the error comes back

7. puffnstuff

puffnstuff Icon

Sep 2, 2006
    It was the location at that time.