1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

60 Minutes record - Why

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Impala1ss, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Impala1ss

Impala1ss Godfather

Jul 22, 2007
    I have my HR20-700 set to record 60 Minutes each week, automatically. Each week for the last month(?) it records the show but sets aside a 2 hour block to do so. As a result I get both 60 Minutes and the Great Race, or something like that. Why does it record a one hour show for 2 hours? It never used to do so.:confused:

2. Tonedeaf

Tonedeaf Legend

Jun 13, 2006
    Could be that Sports Event run overs are causing to place a larger block to record it? Can't tell you how many times I have recorded something only to find out that a sporting event before it ran over and I missed half the show.

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Often times 60 Minutes has starts late due to sports running late.

4. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Are you sure that you, or someone else in your house, didn't set 60-minutes to record an extra hour to account for sports programming overruns?

I don't think the receiver will do this on its own.

5. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Some sporting event must of ran over. I have Undercover Boss recorded when I went to watch it this morning Amazing Race was on it also ran over

6. xrobmn

xrobmn Legend

Oct 22, 2007
    Yep.. Basketball has screwed up the schedule on CBS now for a few weeks.. been only seeing a few minutes of the Amazing Race.. Not to Amazing when you only see 5 minutes :)

7. pappy97

pappy97 Icon

Nov 14, 2009
    Last week I didn't adjust my season recording of TAR and didn't get the whole episode and had to get the ep from different sources. Yesterday I anticipated it and adjusted that episode to tape an hour over and got the whole episode. Hell the misses even got some story about Sharks on 60 minutes that she wanted to see.

8. BattleScott

BattleScott Hall Of Fame

Aug 28, 2006
    The series links will not auto compensate for overruns in previous programs. I agree with say-what, check your SL for padded time on the end.

9. Tonedeaf

Tonedeaf Legend

Jun 13, 2006
    I know they don't, wishful thinking though. :D

10. Avder

Avder Hall Of Fame

Feb 6, 2010
    Its probably not technically feasible for them to do that the way the guide data is set up. For them to do that it would kind of require streaming, realtime programming changes in each channels data stream.