622 Timers not firing.

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by zer0cool, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zer0cool

zer0cool Godfather

Nov 23, 2004
    So the last week has been very hectic due to the passing of my father after a long illness. I finally got around to trying to watch some of the programs on my DVR. Imagine my horror when I found that the timers I'd set for the Series finale of ALIAS, the season finales of both 24 and LOST, as well as the most recent episode of The SOPRANOS had all failed to record.
    I've tried a few things, such as setting a timer for The Sopranos on Friday. It should have started at 8 pm, but the record light never came on. I looked in the DVR list, and it wasn't there. I checked the list of timers and it showed up there with a red dot beside it as if it was recording, but it never appeared in the list of recordings. I set a timer for the next show on my WB OTA channel, and it recorded, but when I set a timer for the same channel a few hours out, it never fired. I've removed power and rebooted the 622, but still am not able to record. :confused:

2. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame

Feb 22, 2005
    Were all the shows except for Sopranos OTA timers? If so, do you have DISH local HD channels too? If you do is HD Priority set in the map down options? If you answered yes to all of these you are probably expierencing the OTA timer issue documented in multiple threads. It is something DISH is aware of and hopefully fixed in a near future release. This doesn't explain the HBO timer failing to fire.

I would suggest a call to tech support and file a detailed report with them and see what they come back with. I don't remember seeing too many, if any, posts about ALL timers failng to fire.

Oh, forgot to add, if this is indeed the OTA timer issue, to work around it, change your mapdown to SD priority or leave it off. This seems to fix the issue for most/if not all people.

3. zer0cool

zer0cool Godfather

Nov 23, 2004
    Thanks Rob. I believe all the issues were indeed OTA channels except the Sopranos, which was HBO-HD. THe WB-OTA channel recorded fine, but then again I don't think the WB affiliate is included in my Dish HD locals, ABC and FOX are, are most of my problems have been with them. I'll try changing the mapping to SD and see if that helps.

4. Allin4greeN

Allin4greeN Mentor

Aug 1, 2005
    If your Sopranos timer was set-up to record "New Episodes" for this weekend, that could be why it didn't fire... HBO was airing an encore presentation of the previous two weeks episodes. I couldn't tell from you post which episode you might have missed...

I had to set my local mapdown preferences to "disable" for the fix to work.

5. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame

Feb 22, 2005
    Good point, forgot it was a rerun this last week.

6. zer0cool

zer0cool Godfather

Nov 23, 2004
    It was actually LAST Sunday's Sopranos that didn't record. I tried setting a timer to record the repeat of it this past Sunday (using the "once" option, but it also failed to fire). I disabled my local downmapping yesterday and my timer for "Rescue Me" last night worked fine.

7. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame

Feb 22, 2005
    Cool, Hopefully this has work around has fixed the issue for you until a software release can fix the mapdown/timer bug.

8. lujan

lujan Hall Of Fame

Feb 10, 2004
    I guess I've never had this issue since I set the downmapping to "disable" from the very first day I got the 622.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.