1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

622/TV-2 audio woes

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Twodozz, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twodozz

Twodozz New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    I just got Dish with the 622 and I'm having a problem with the TV-2 output. The audio is very low. I have to turn the TV all the way up just to get marginal volume.

And there is an RF buzz that comes and goes. Sometimes the buzz will go away if I touch the TV, and other things seem to affect it as well. The TV is in a room full of other electronic stuff, computers etc. I turned off all the electronics I could and the buzz persisted.

The cable run is approximately 50 feet.

Thanks for any help.

2. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    Sounds like a bad cable run or bad connections.

3. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    This sounds like your dish needs to be peeked, not something that is software related. It is the receiver that will lose the lock not the specific TV output. Are you using a single cable from the dish and using the DPP seperator or do you have individual cables input to the two tuners on the 622? If you see problems on only one tuner, check the connections/cable input to that tuner.

4. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Have the grounds on your system checked, the hum may be from a ground loop.

5. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Ok... I split the thread since these issues do not seem to be related. Lets try and keep it civil guys.

And :welcome_s TwoDozz

6. Twodozz

Twodozz New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    The grounding could possibly be the problem with my buzz. Old house, no grounded outlets.

Other than a complete re-wire, I'm not sure what my options are.

I can plug my cable TV into the same input and there are no problems.

I'll check the connectors, but that'll have to wait until I have more time.

Thanks for the replies and the welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.