625 updated and emptied my hard drive but

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by MilYellow02, Jan 30, 2008.

1. MilYellow02

MilYellow02 Cool Member

Sep 12, 2006
    I now have 150 hours of record time.

My drive was 90% full of recorded shows and last night when I turned on tv #2, I saw the screen that said something along the lines of "your hard drive will be completely erased blah blah" :D Well it did erase all the recording and all my timers. No big deal, I just got into the guide and set up my recordings again.

Well, this morning I go to turn on tv #1 and it said the same thing. After another reboot, all my timers were gone.

Is this normal? What is going on? My daughter is going to be pissed when she wakes up and won't be able to watch some of her shows that I had recorded. :p

I guess my questions are:

1. If it went through the process on tv #2, why did it clear everything again when I powered on tv #1 the next morning?

2. Is everything going to be okay now or is this going to happen every night and I have a defective receiver?

3. I thought that I had to empty the hard drive before this 150 hour thing could happen but the update took care of that. Is that normal?