1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

722k Firmware on Replacement Receiver

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by dontech, Jan 30, 2012.

1. dontech

dontech AllStar

Jun 1, 2009
    I got a refurb 722k as a replacement last week and have noticed some differences in the behavior. For example, when I press the guide button, it first shows " my channels", next " my HD channels", and then "all channels". My old receiver worked the opposite way in that " all channels" showed first. Is there any way to change this? I also notice when I press the DVR button, on my old machine I would see " my media" for my external drive first. On this one it shows last. I also no longer have folders and subfolders for recording that I make for the same series. It now just listed them individually. Any ideas and suggestions on how to change this? When I called Dish support they had no suggestions. Thanks

2. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...
    You can go into Menu,Preferences-8,Favorites Lists-2,select the other guide option,Guide Popup.Then when your in the guide and you press the guide button it will bring up all your different guide options at the same time and you can select which one you want.As for the other I have never had an EHDD hooked up so I can't help you there.Good Luck!:)

3. dontech

dontech AllStar

Jun 1, 2009
    Thanks -- this did not work for my machine since I still was not allowed to select "all channels" as the default. Must be something fixed in the machine that can't be changed

4. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    The new software no longer allows All Channels as the default. http://www.dishuser.org/722ksw.php

Now customers are no longer shown what's available to add to their subscription unless they actively look for it.

5. dontech

dontech AllStar

Jun 1, 2009
    Thanks Boba -- now if I can figure out what has happened to the folders

6. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Press DVR twice, then select "GROUP" then select either "Group by title" or "My Groups"

7. dontech

dontech AllStar

Jun 1, 2009
    thanks -- grouping works!