722k L7.52 - Timer issues, widespread issue?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Mr.Gadget, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Mr.Gadget

Mr.Gadget Mentor

Mar 28, 2004
    Saturday, my 722k decided to fire off and record any Timer that 'resembled' an existing timer. Instead of "NEW" programs, it recorded programs that were YEARS old. And in some cases, the recording had to be stopped manually after a few hours (30 min program listing).

I checked my Schedule today and found it wanted to record more "OLD" shows.

Solution, (I think):

Select a Timer, change from NEW to ALL, then back again to NEW, save the setting.

Exit, then select the next Timer. Perform for all. If you have other settings, (not NEW), change it to something different, and then back again to your desired setting.

Hopefully this will fix the corrupt Timer Database.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
  3. wje

wje Godfather

Mar 8, 2006
    New England
    I don't think that thread is really addressing your issue.

I've seen this for months now. I suspect the problem is not the 722(k), but rather bad guide data, something that has annoyed many people for many years. I've noticed that when I get piles of old programs recorded as new programs, usually the date and/or episode numbers are wrong. This data comes from the guide provider, not Dish.

4. Mr.Gadget

Mr.Gadget Mentor

Mar 28, 2004
    I tend to agree with you WJE. The problem may be more of a global issue to the receivers. The problem may stem from how the timers are treated from version to version, or perhaps an update in the behavior of the guide data (data placement, fields, etc).

We will never know.

5. Henry

Henry Retired Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Pine, CO
    Yeah, I see this problem from time to time. I've even seen the guide say it's a NEW episode but have an older original airing date.

One of our mods (IIRC) once said this happened often and that when there is such a conflict, the DVR will record it by default, just in case.

I like that. I would much rather delete something than miss it.