722K no longer retains Guide Button/Popup preference through power cycle

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by BarryG, Oct 16, 2009.

1. BarryG

BarryG Legend

Jun 25, 2006
    About two weeks ago my 722K was replaced. The "new" 722K has a slightly annoying quirk. When I'm viewing the Program Guide, I like to toggle between my Favorites Lists (i.e., Guides) by just pushing the guide button. I don't want the popup menu that forces me to select the desired List/Guide. This option is selected by highlighting Favorites on the popup and choosing Guide Button (versus Guide Popup). This fixes the issue until I turn off my 722K for the night and the next day I have to go through the whole thing all over again. My old 722K ALWAYS came up with Guide Button enabled and I didn't have to select that preference every time.

CSR says a recent minor software update changed it to the way my 722K is now behaving. I'd appreciate a reality check from other users out there who know what I'm talking about. For those users who prefer "Guide Button", does your 722K keep falling back into Guide Popup every time you power cycle your 722K?

2. slickshoes

slickshoes Legend

Sep 20, 2009
    Southern...
    Yes, mine is currently doing the same thing...although mine doesn't even have to power cycle to loose the "guide" swap, it will just magically change to popup after a while...

3. BarryG

BarryG Legend

Jun 25, 2006
    yup, that sounds familiar :(

4. finniganps

finniganps Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    I have the same slightly annoying issue.....

5. OrangeandBlue33

OrangeandBlue33 Mentor

Dec 15, 2003
    I just noticed that's happened with mine as well. Thought maybe I was going crazy. Glad to hear it's not just me. :)

6. Albie

Albie Godfather

Jan 26, 2007
    Same with both of mine. It appears that the preference is reset when the receiver goes into standby due to inactivity. I hope it is being noted for the next software release.

7. BarryG

BarryG Legend

Jun 25, 2006
    Another annoying change that I noticed at the same time is grouping of DVR recordings.

8. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    What's annoying about groups? Turn them off if you don't want them.

9. BarryG

BarryG Legend

Jun 25, 2006
    "Turning them off" preference is now not being retained through power cycles, as is the case with Guide Button preference previously discussed.

10. PokerJoker

PokerJoker Godfather

Apr 12, 2008
    Las Vegas
    It's not just the 722 doing this. I just got a replacement 622 (the old one died) and it is doing the same thing, not retaining the guide-button setting. Very annoying.:mad:

Keith

in Seattle this week

11. Michael252

Michael252 Cool Member

Nov 4, 2005
    I have the same problems:
    – Groups turn back on after turning them off in the menu
    – The "guide" issue
    plus,
    – It will not remember the number of episodes I want to keep

I record the same program every day, and in the menu, I ask it to only save the latest 3. But the menu will not remember it. It just keeps on adding more episodes.

Any word on a possible fix to these issues?

12. martysan

martysan New Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Just replaced my Dish VIP722 receiver and have the same problem with the pop up button preference setting. It reverts to the default setting each morning.

ANYONE have a solution??

13. tanside

tanside New Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Yeah i have the same issue with the 722K, we've got two that do the same thing, kinda a small annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless. I'm guessing there are no workarounds or i'd see some solutions in the above posts going back to October.

14. slickshoes

slickshoes Legend

Sep 20, 2009
    Southern...
    This issue should have been fixed in the new firmware 6.56, check and see if you have it.

15. tanside

tanside New Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I believe its v6.56, i have a screen cap http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa184/par79/dish1.jpg , thanks for the quick response, i wasn't expecting anything to be honest. It's still having the issue, the boxes were installed on 2/14 if that means anything, and we've been having the issue since day one.