1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

722K recording issue & possible solution?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by ggulch, Jan 30, 2018.

1. ggulch

ggulch Cool Member

Jul 25, 2007
    I've got a weird issue recording on both of our 722Ks (SW-L849). Running in Single Mode. Default timer settings are Start 1-minute early/End-2 minutes late. However when I record several programs in a row on the same channel that butt up against each other, instead of recording the 1st program on Tuner 1, then the second on Tuner 2, and so on, the DVR records all of the programs on the same Tuner even though the other tuner isn't in use, and it clips the programs. I realize I could set up a manual timer to cover the entire time frame these programs are on, but I may not want to save all of the programs, plus I shouldn't have to figure my own work around in the first place.

Dish tech support was useless and an on-site tech visit didn't offer a fix. We did discuss replacing our two 722Ks with a Hopper 3 and some Joeys, but while I'm not sure if I want to do that I am looking at the possibility. Our basic setup includes the two 722Ks fed to any of several TVs using a HDMI matrix router. One big question involves rather or not the Hopper will see and play programs on the EHDs we currently connect to the 722Ks using drive docks. If they won't that's a big deal breaker since we have 12 or so 1 tb drives.

TIA,
    Ron

2. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006
    What you describe in recording programs that are back-back from same channel is exactly the way the DVR's are designed to do...it is supposed to be a positive feature...you can be watching any other channel on tuner-1 while those timers are recorded on tuner-2.

The first program in your timer cue will start 1 minute early and you do not loose any of the programs being recorded back-to-back and only the last program in your cue will extend the recording 2 minutes past end time.

That is a great feature for me and is the correct method used by the DVR firmware.

3. ggulch

ggulch Cool Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Maybe, but it does lose a few seconds of each program while the DVR resets. If the second tuner's not in use, nor scheduled to be, why not use it if the timers overlap, even slightly? It'll use both timers if the programs are on different channels. It seems to be ignoring that basic logic.

I understand what it's doing and figured that was the case. Is there no was to force a program to Tuner 1 or 2? I wonder if the Hopper 3 uses the same logic in its programming?