1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

727--This program is not available in your area

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by phatmatt1215, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Jun 3, 2009 #1 of 12
    phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215 Icon

Nov 4, 2007
    The channel that D* picked to record my Wish List baseball game on said "727--This program is not available in your area" and did not even bother looking for it on other channels. I waited 5-10 minutes for it to start the game search, but it never happened. I am sorry to keep writing about this, but I am becoming very annoyed with the game search function.

2. Jun 5, 2009 #2 of 12
    phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215 Icon

Nov 4, 2007
    Again I get this message, and AGAIN game search doesn't kick in. I'm about to throw this DVR out the window. I'm just glad I've been here to switch it to a channel that carries the game. If this had been tomorrow, I wouldn't have been here. I just wish I knew why game search is so hit and miss this year. Am I doing something wrong?

3. Jun 6, 2009 #3 of 12
    bg4

bg4 Mentor

Oct 26, 2008
    You provided no info - we need to know if you have EI - your local market and RSN and what game or games you were trying to watch- networks and times.

4. Jun 6, 2009 #4 of 12
    phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215 Icon

Nov 4, 2007

Oops... Sorry about that. Yes, I have the MLB EI package. I live in West Central Wisconsin and am in both the Milwaukee Brewers and Minnesota Twins markets (Brewers fan).. I usually watch the games on channel 669 or 669-1 (FS Wisconsin).. Lately, my DVR has been recording the games on the channels of the other teams (not Milwaukee Brewers) and they would be blacked out. Sometimes it would say the game is blacked out in my area and the game search would kick in and find it on my local RSN. The last few times, it has given me the 727 message that game was not available in my area. It also did not attempt the game search.

If I have forgotten anything else, please let me know.

5. Jun 7, 2009 #5 of 12
    celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    arent the EI games in the 700s?, i know with nba league pass i always set the game to record in the 700s that way i know for sure the game will be recorded.

6. Jun 7, 2009 #6 of 12
    phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215 Icon

Nov 4, 2007
    How do you make sure a game is recorded in the 700's when youre not sure WHICH number in the 700's it will be, unless you are recording it the day of the game and know the channel?

7. BruceS

BruceS Icon

Sep 23, 2006
    Albany, NY
    The guide data usually will tell you which number(s) will be carrying a given game.

Of course, you may need to set it to record both of the channels, since the guide contains no data stating which team's feed is assigned to a given channel number and you could easily be blacked out from one of them.

I just find it easier to record the RSN that I know is carrying the feed that I want. Occasionally, I still have black out problems, but who doesn't.

8. phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215 Icon

Nov 4, 2007
    The game search feature this year is absolute BULL CRAP!!! I can NEVER EVER get it to work. Don't mind me... I'm just venting my absolute frustration with it.

9. phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215 Icon

Nov 4, 2007
    I was watching channel 201 "DirecTV Basics" and the guy said that the "727" error is caused by sports blackouts. He said to press the red button to activate "Game Search". It is baloney. I tried it and it doesn't work. At least I couldn't get it to. If others have good luck with it, please let me know.

10. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    After reading through a few of you're posts, it's clear you're angry about missing the games .. If/when this happens again, please post more detail.

First, the channel, title, time and date of the program that is blacked out and fails GameSearch. Then second, the channel, title, time and date of the program that GameSearch should have found but didn't.

This information will be really helpful to determine where the failure is.

Thanks

11. phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215 Icon

Nov 4, 2007
    As a heads up for Tuesday, here is what is scheduled to happen... The Brewers-Indians baseball game(Brewers wish list) is set to record on STO (Clevelands channel). That is not my teams "territory", so it will be blacked out on that channel. GameSearch is supposed to kick in and find it on channel 669 or 669-1 (FS Wisconsin-- My RSN) or in the 730's. Game seach hardly ever kicks in.

12. phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215 Icon

Nov 4, 2007
    Holy guacamole and onion dip Batman, the Game Search feature actually worked tonight. :)