763 then 775 on HR24

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ColdCase, Jul 6, 2019.

1. ColdCase

ColdCase AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    New England
    I have three DVRs, one of the HR24s today displayed a 763 | Access Card Expired error and to reboot. After reboot i get the 775|Problem Communicating w/ Dish error.

I have a SWIM 16 in the attic, one cable runs to the family room where its split to a HR54 and the bad HR24. Another coax runs to the living room HR24.

I'm guessing there is a fault in the DVR and to just tell customer support its dead to make it easier in the long run, but thought I'd check here first.

I searched for 763 but didn't find anything useful besides cleaning the card.... but that just may be me.

2. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    I had a 775 error on all three of my devices a few days ago (see my sig for equipment listing). I checked all of my connections and it's possible the cable from my dish was loose where it goes into my splitter. (I was able to tighten it further than it was.) After tightening it, I was still getting the 775 error.

I tried a few things more things to no avail. Then I ran repeat satellite setup from my HR24 and all has been good since. I have no clue why, but that worked for me.

3. ColdCase

ColdCase AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    New England
    This morning I woke up to a functional DVR, everything is back to normal. So never mind :)

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    763 | Access Card Expired | Access card is an older version (period) card.
    1) Have CS order new card or activate replacement card
    2) If card replaced, have CS resend authorizations
    3) If OSD continues, reset IRD
    4) Replace IRD. When troubleshooting this issue tune to channel 377 to verify if programming has returned.

5. ColdCase

ColdCase AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    New England
    Yeah thanks, I saw that. The onscreen instruction said to reboot (big red button). But I got the 775 following the reboot (twice) on that one machine and then came here to look things up.

|Problem Communicating w/ Dish | SWiM power inserter may need to be plugged in. The network can't detect the SWiM due to power loss to the SWiM. No SWiM installation is present.

Perhaps thats not unusual with a dirty access card connection or problem card? Or maybe I have an intermittent somewhere.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    It is not likely that your power inserter is bad. If it were bad, none of your receivers would be working.
    You can remove the card and wipe it gently using alcohol on the small chip area. If it looks burned it will need to be replaced.
    You can also, using your computer, go to What does “refreshing service” mean? and follow the instructions to refresh your service.

7. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    For the 775 error, it could be a loose connection in the coax from the receiver up to the splitter or there could be something wrong with the coax itself.
    Is this coax all inside the house ?

8. ColdCase

ColdCase AllStar

Sep 10, 2007
    New England
    About 25 feet of coax line comes into the room from the SWIM and into a two way DirecTV splitter (all inside, quality coax and fittings built by solid signal). There are two 6 inch coaxes between the splitter and the HR54 and HR24. Its been working fine for months, signal levels seem to be the same as always, not great but good enough. The HR54 didn't burp. I made up the 6 inch coaxes myself, so perhaps an issue there.

But is the 763 and 775 is a coincidence?

If a 763 error is reported when the signal is lost for a day or two then that could explain it, as I don't think the HR24 was watched for over a day. So it could have reported a signal problem that went unnoticed. It did record a game on the 5th but not the one on the 6th. But then folks disconnect the coax and watch recordings months after the fact....

Not a big deal as the 24 is currently used for recording SD channels as a backup to the occasional HD rain fade. And for games that go real long. I just hate firing it up and find no backup recordings :)