771 Signal loss "Message" blocks screen?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Mickstix, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Mickstix

Mickstix Legend

Feb 13, 2008
    Is there some key stroke you can do to make the "message" disappear? I "know" the signal is gone (due to a storm, etc) cause the tv picture is froze.. But I like to watch a lot of my shows from the 1.5 hour cache.. But it's impossible with "771...." Message taking up a quarter of my screen?? So far, my only fix is to put up the small "guide" via blue button.. At least it just blocks the bottom portion of the screen.. But again, is there some key arrangement I can use to temporarily turn this message off? Thanks for any help!! Mick

HR22-100

2. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    I don't think so, is it raining so hard that your SD channels are out as well?

3. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Yup as west said, there is no way. don't reset either as the receiver would not boot up

4. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    I haven't tried this, yet (just thought of it) but in theory, you could try "capturing" the buffered content with the record button and then watch the recorded program from the playlist. I belive live messages are blocked while viewing recordings.

5. Delroy E Walleye

Delroy E Walleye AllStar

Jun 9, 2012
    No doubt you'd still get the "missing due to signal loss" message popping up when you go to play it. But at least that message goes away.