8.0 UHF Pro Remote for 921 help needed

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by f13dfx, Apr 9, 2007.

1. f13dfx

f13dfx Cool Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Okay, this problem just puzzles me. I've double-checked the remote id on my 921 to make sure it matches my remote, but for some reason the receiver does not respond to any buttons that I press. My Sony HDTV however does respond to the TV assigned buttons.

Is there any way to do a hard reset on the remote to restore it to factory defaults? Or is it possible that this remote could be damaged?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. phongluu

phongluu Mentor

Mar 8, 2005
    Reset it by Holding the Power button for 10 seconds.

Another trick is: Open the case, unplug the UHF module and replug back.

Good luck,
    P.L

3. f13dfx

f13dfx Cool Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Hi. Thanks for the quick reply. I tried the reset method, but no go. :(

How do I go about opening this remote. I can only find a small screw at the bottom of the remote. Even when removing that, the 2 halves would not budge. :confused:

4. motrac

motrac AllStar

Jan 5, 2003
    [QUOTE

Another trick is: Open the case, unplug the UHF module and replug back.

P.L[/QUOTE]

he means open the cover on the receiver and unplug the connector on the u.h.f.
    module.
    my remote wouldn't work last night either, i pulled the power cord on the
    receiver and that fixed it.

5. ClaudeR

ClaudeR Godfather

Dec 6, 2003
    Dumb question - is the antenna still attached to the receiver? This is a dumb question that I came upon through personnal experience :(

6. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    WARNING: I would never open up the case of a 921 unlless you want to void any chance of getting future warranty replacements!

Even if your 921 is past it's 1 year anniversary, they still may (and have been in my case) extended the "warranty" replacement.

7. gpaint

gpaint New Member

Oct 8, 2006
    I have been doing more reading in other forums and the consensus is that some of the 8.0 UHF Pro remotes ONLY work for the 811.

I see a lot of them on eBay and they all say that the 8.0 works for both the 921 and 811. I have 2 remotes which DO NOT WORK for my 921 but BOTH WORK for my 811.

Is there a SECRET CODE that enables them for a 921?